Audio Meter Refresh Rate vs. MeterFrameSizeMS ... ???

Author
MesaDCLP
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 80
2007/10/14 01:54:57 (permalink)

Audio Meter Refresh Rate vs. MeterFrameSizeMS ... ???

I've noticed there is a difference in settings of the two and would love to know the difference. By default both are set to 40ms from my install of Sonar 7PE. If your CPU can handle lower settings than default with the projects you're working with, go for it. It will be a win/win situation, because the audio is more accurately displayed on the meters and thus the picture data. The peak markers should be as accurate as possible.

My projects are not stressing the CPU at the lowest setting for the refresh rate in the help file, 25ms. OK, ... Then I go and look at the Aud.ini file and it has a line for MeterFrameSizeMS that is still = 40 (ms)!!??? Why is this different, unless it controls something different?

This must be a different setting all together, and I would love to know what the lowest setting for each is and what each setting has an effect on. Visual accuracy is my goal here. The closest I've come to researching the MeterFrameSizeMS setting refers to Sonar 4, which may not apply to 7.

PS. I would love a feature that let you scan a track for its peak faster than having to play the track to know where the marker lands!!! I import most of my audio, and this would help so much!!!

2 Replies Related Threads

MesaDCLP
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 80
    RE: Audio Meter Refresh Rate vs. MeterFrameSizeMS ... ??? 2008/10/25 23:53:19 (permalink)
    Bump!

Same situation with 8. Any comments?
    No post should go unanswered.
    martin s
    Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 750
    RE: Audio Meter Refresh Rate vs. MeterFrameSizeMS ... ??? 2008/10/26 00:36:09 (permalink)
    hello,

have a look on the read-me rtf.

there you will find those specifique tuning about the aud.ini cakewalk.ini and so on,
    with good explaination and much more.

cheer

Roland VS-1824,SONAR 5 std,RHODENTK mic,m-audio2496,YamahaHS50M,Asrock4coredualsata2,core2duo@2.40gig E4500,2.GOddr2 ram
    HD WDC for OS 120gig,HD seagate 250gig for audio,video N-VIDIA G-8400gs-xp pro.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1