Recording Problem

Author
Cobalt1254
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6
2007/11/12 17:09:07 (permalink)

Recording Problem

Im using a M Audio Fast Track Pro with GT 3. When I first got the M Audio it took me a little time to get it up and running but GT 3 worked great with it. The other day I went to use it and nothing will record. The record indicator does not move at all. The M Audio Fast Track Pro is working fine because I can record with it using Audacity just fine. I went into the options of GT 3 and made sure that I have the M Audio as the recording device but still nothing will record. Something changed and Im not sure what it is. I know it used to work.... Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Cobalt

8 Replies Related Threads

RobertB
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11256
    RE: Recording Problem 2007/11/12 21:27:11 (permalink)
    Double check that your FastTrack is selected in the General and Drivers tabs under Options>Audio for both Input and Output.
    Verify the correct Driver Mode under Advanced. Are you using ASIO? You might try switching to WDM, and going through restart, then switch it back. Sometimes the system needs a little tickle.
    Are you plugged into the same USB port you always use?
    Have you received any Windows updates? These are notorious for causing wierdness. Have you installed any new programs?
    If everything indicates that it is ok, yet still doesn't work, System Restore has become my good friend. Restore to a day when you know it worked. Be aware that you will lose any new programs if you do this.
    Try shaking up the system a bit, but if nothing else works, you might want to reinstall the FastTrack drivers.
    Good luck.

My Soundclick Page
    SONAR Professional, X3eStudio,W7 64bit, AMD Athlon IIx4 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 64bit, AKAI EIE Pro, Nektar Impact LX61,Alesis DM6,Alesis ControlPad,Yamaha MG10/2,Alesis M1Mk2 monitors,Samson Servo300,assorted guitars,Lava Lamp

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    pistolpete
    Max Output Level: -59.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1584
    RE: Recording Problem 2007/11/12 21:37:37 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: RobertB

Have you received any Windows updates? These are notorious for causing wierdness.

I think RobertB updates his Windows several times a day .....
    SteveStrummerUK
    • Total Posts : 31112
    RE: Recording Problem 2007/11/14 12:19:41 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: pistolpete

ORIGINAL: RobertB

Have you received any Windows updates? These are notorious for causing wierdness.

I think RobertB updates his Windows several times a day .....

I rinse down mine with a chamois leather once a month

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

DRHollingsworth
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 821
    RE: Recording Problem 2007/11/14 13:39:05 (permalink)
    A squeegee would work better. Have you tried that Strummy?
    SteveStrummerUK
    • Total Posts : 31112
    RE: Recording Problem 2007/11/15 09:43:54 (permalink)
    Hi there Tom

Just in case you've accidentally disabled it, double click your speaker icon in the system tray and select the 'Options>Properties>Recording' option - make sure your line-in [or whatever input you're using] is selected - if not, just click in the box and a green tick will appear to activate the input.

If the tick box is checked, click on the 'OK' link and make sure the fader under your input hasn't been dragged down to zero.

You might also want to try running the 'Wave Profile' command in the Options>Audio window.

I came across this THREAD with a search for your problem - it might be worth a quick read through to see if anything there helps.

Good luck

Steve

PS: Doc, remember we are still in the Stoneage over here in Brittanicus; no traffic lights = no squeegees!

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

Cobalt1254
    RE: Recording Problem 2007/11/24 13:11:08 (permalink)
    Thanks for the tips everyone but so far no good but Im still working on it!
    Cobalt1254
    RE: Recording Problem 2007/11/24 16:29:07 (permalink)
    Well Steve, I think I am going to give up. Ive tried everything. I know it works because Ive used it before I bought the M Audio Fast Track Pro. I recorded just using my audigy sound card. Then after I bought the Fast Track Pro I used it again and it worked fine. Today I actually got the recording level to move but there was no playback and Ive tried everything. It's killing me because it works fine with Audacity. About a month ago I used GT3 to record the solo to let it be. I played one track rythm and one track lead and it really sounded great. Then I never used it again until recently and then when it's not the same anymore. I was going to uninstall and reinstall it but I think I may have tried that a few days ago :) It's just very frustrating. I probably will keep trying. Thanks again.

Tom
    Cobalt1254
    RE: Recording Problem 2007/11/25 13:41:11 (permalink)
    I finally have it working again. Under Track 1 is the first view I had to set that tab to stereo and under aux1 and aux2 a little further down I had to pick my fast track pro unit. Finally the last tab at the bottom I had to pick my audigy card because that is what i use for playback. Im still not sure what happened because I though once I went into settings and choose the right things that these would be set by default but I guess not. Anyway, im glad it's working again. Thanks for the help.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1