Registering sonar to use on laptop?

Author
rdolmat
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 640
2007/11/22 22:00:47 (permalink)

Registering sonar to use on laptop?

Hi folks.

I've already registeres S7 to use at the studio, but I'd like to work on some compositions at home when not having sessions booked with clients. the cakewalk website said I was already registered...so how do I 'enable' my home copy of Sonar.

etc...blahblah EULA....use Sonar at one computer at one time...etc...yes...

so I do believe what I'm doing is OK?

3 Replies Related Threads

CeeDee
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 26
    RE: Registering sonar to use on laptop? 2007/11/23 03:48:23 (permalink)
    Rich.

I think the reality is that everyone who needs Sonar on both their desktop & laptop simply install their copy on both. The "You can't install Sonar on more than one computer" clause is targeted at large commercial studios should and would be expected to buy multiple licences. I can't imagine Cakewalk for a minute expecting the average muso user to buy 2 copies. If that was the case we would simply be better of going over to Cubase.

Native Instruments allow for 2 separeate installations of their products, Steinberg allow unlimited installs. Maybe Cakewalk should consider going over to the NI system. That way you can remove both registrations and sell on the product if you go over to another DAW. If you buy a MAC you may decide to go over to Logic Pro etc.

When you install Sonar for the first time you click "Register now". You are then sent the registration details which you enter into the box. These details are also stored in "My Registrations" on you Account page. If you subsequently need to reinstall Sonar for any reason you don't need to click on the "Register Now" button again. All you need do is copy the registration details from "My Registrations" in you Account page and enter then in the box provided.

Cheers, CD
    rdolmat
    Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 640
    RE: Registering sonar to use on laptop? 2007/11/23 08:27:02 (permalink)
    Thanks CD!!!

Mike Fisher
    Max Output Level: -63 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1374
    RE: Registering sonar to use on laptop? 2007/11/23 08:56:38 (permalink)
    Rich,

Please see this thread / post for more information on this directly from Cakewalk...

EULA Info

(post #24)
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1