aquiring the correct other half

Author
AudioInsanity
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 42
2007/11/24 17:02:02 (permalink)

aquiring the correct other half

I must say I am shocked! Nowhere have I seen a discussion on the most important component of our audio toy world we have.

Our wives (or other half)!

As I sit here looming over my vast kingdom of buttons and lights, I must shed a tear...

(takes a moment of silence)

As the dollar signs glaze across my eyes when I see that new "thing" I want, a smile and simple nod from her are my cue.....It's a beautiful thing! *wipes tear from eye*

God Bless 'Em!

A suggested test for all of those thinking about hooking up:

Take your partner down to your local audio toy store...look around make a list, then say ya know honey...Some day I would really like to get this stuff. Show 'em the list.

Be prepared ahead of time....watch for "that look" you know....the EVIL one!

If you get "the look", flee! Flee for your lives! Your very being of existence is at stake here! Don’t look back, just run! She may still wonder what happened that day, but you can rest assured…it was worth it!

However, if there is a smile that follows and a loving agreement to yes, someday....

Bag it up! You know you got the right one...

Somewhere right now there is someone sitting in their house....only wishing for what could have been....

AudioInsanity

post edited by AudioInsanity - 2007/11/24 17:15:07

8 Replies Related Threads

Basement Records
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 192
    RE: aquiring the correct other half 2007/11/24 17:32:24 (permalink)
    Great, you couldn't have brought this topic up say 27 yrs ago when I purchased wife 1.0? I will say that version 2.0 is sooooooo much better, at least 20-40%.

You're so right though, God love 'em! (as I open the box to my new PSM-200 in-ear monitor system that I bought today!)
    post edited by Basement Records - 2007/11/24 17:44:25

Mark St. James
    mcourter
    Max Output Level: -41 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3442
    RE: aquiring the correct other half 2007/11/25 21:11:55 (permalink)
    As a partial solution in gaining my girl's understanding about my obsession is to get her involved. I put her to work as a backup singer from time to time.

A few guitars, a couple of basses, a MIDI controller, a mandolin, a banjo, a mic, PodFarm2
    Unbridled Enthusiasm
     My music: www.Soundclick.com/markcourter
    Jim Roseberry
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 9871
    RE: aquiring the correct other half 2007/11/25 21:23:59 (permalink)
    As a partial solution in gaining my girl's understanding about my obsession is to get her involved. I put her to work as a backup singer from time to time.

I did that with Wife 1.0
    Now... I'm beta-testing Wife 2.0 (fiance')... and we each have separate interests.
    She doesn't completely understand... be she knows it's important to me.
    I can live with that...

Best Regards,

Jim Roseberry
    jim@studiocat.com
    www.studiocat.com
    RobertB
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11256
    RE: aquiring the correct other half 2007/11/25 22:07:36 (permalink)
    Now... I'm beta-testing Wife 2.0

As long as she appreciated that it's important to you. I have my toys, my wife has her books.
    Although, somehow I always end up with the bills.

My Soundclick Page
    SONAR Professional, X3eStudio,W7 64bit, AMD Athlon IIx4 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 64bit, AKAI EIE Pro, Nektar Impact LX61,Alesis DM6,Alesis ControlPad,Yamaha MG10/2,Alesis M1Mk2 monitors,Samson Servo300,assorted guitars,Lava Lamp

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    lhansen
    Max Output Level: -27.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4765
    RE: aquiring the correct other half 2007/11/26 10:50:21 (permalink)
    My wife leaves me alone with my music. We've been together for so long now that she likes when I keep busy and outta her way! As long as the bills get paid, she really doesn't mind me getting stuff. ( within reason of course )

Slow Marching Band

Win 7 x64, Sonar X1E x64, Studio One v2, Focusrite Saffire 24 DSP Pro, Genelec 8030a, True Systems P-Solo, Focusrite ISA One, FMR RNP, GAP-73. 

"Someone to watch over me".
    mr. moon
    Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1515
    RE: aquiring the correct other half 2007/11/26 12:08:57 (permalink)
    As soon as I began recording local bands who were willing to barter labor rather than pay money for recording time, my wife (version 1.0) began to allow more of "our" money (rather than my own gear-allowance) to be invested into my home studio! Thus far, we have had 12 trees/bushes planted, I shed built, and several fairly large landscaping projects completed; all with the help of these local bands. This arrangement has not only saved my back, but it has allowed me to make some rather large gear purchases (i.e. a Portico 5043 compressor, for instance) much quicker than I would have been able to in the past, as I would have had to save up for them for quite a long time, but now I just get "the look" from her and buy them!

She still doesn't "understand" my "need" for gear, as such, but as long as we get work done around the house for "free", she couldn't care less! ...And yes, while this means that I have to put in time using my gear for "free", it gives me the chance to practice with it before I use it to record my own stuff, which (of course) works out perfectly for me.

-mr moon

Intel Core 2 QUAD Q6600
    4 GB 800MHz DDR2
    RME FireFace 800
    Windows 64 Pro

"...Think outside the box as you mix within!" -mrmoon

oddboy
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 130
    RE: aquiring the correct other half 2007/11/28 15:19:20 (permalink)
    My Wife is tremendous. She has bought me a guitar and a 5W studio valve amp to record with. Not only that, she paid half toward my MOTU Traveler and Event TR6's cause she uses them to listen to music on the computer. BUT IT GETS BETTER! My mother in law has bought me a mandolin for a birthday and...get this...a brand new Gretsch Double Anniversary when she sold her house. I so dig these ladies.
    Smuggly,
    Oddboy

MOTU Traveler, focusrite octopre LE, quad something, Asus P5B Deluxe, 2Gb RAM, Sonar 8.0 PE, Reason 4, Dim pro, Z3ta, Soundforge 9, Acid Pro 6, TRackS, Event TR6, Guitars 'n' stuff.
    bezonline
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 49
    RE: aquiring the correct other half 2007/11/29 02:54:09 (permalink)

Here's a public thank you to my wife Laura (above) for her love and support, and belief in my music. Our first dance at our wedding was to a song called Laura's Waltz that I wrote for her. It really does pay to have a significant other that shares the passion of the world of music in some way, shape, or form.

Sonar 7 PE | HP Pavilion 7970 P4 2.0GHz 1GB | Roland XP-50 | M-Audio Axiom 49 | M-Audio Delta 66/Omni Studio | M-Audio BX5a monitors
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1