Any positive reports on the Emu Libraries for Dimension Pro?

Author
Trusty
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 590
2007/11/26 20:20:16 (permalink)

Any positive reports on the Emu Libraries for Dimension Pro?

Just curious.

3 Replies Related Threads

b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: Any positive reports on the Emu Libraries for Dimension Pro? 2007/11/26 21:51:44 (permalink)
    Sure. Tons of presets in each package; at least 500. Each preset takes advantage of .sfz depth in a single file. So, it's 'delivered' as a .prog, and you can use it as such. But t's just as easy to treat it as an Element, and combine four (or more of them, with a simple copy/paste), layered together. The possibilities go up exponentially.

In each one, you're going to find some sounds that you don't care for, or that end up in a specialty category. But there's more than enough to represent a good-to-great value. Now, I was very familiar with the original hardware deployments, so I knew exactly what I was in for. I'd suggest that anyone who's interested should do a little research into the original units to see if those types of sounds are something that will compliment your musical vision.
    Trusty
    Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 590
    RE: Any positive reports on the Emu Libraries for Dimension Pro? 2007/11/26 22:33:27 (permalink)
    Oh, I love those sounds, I should clarify my meaning: Is there any positive reports about the installation and downloads of the Emu libraries.

And also a question: If all the presets are programs, is there access to the presets as SFZ files to mix and match your own programs?
    post edited by Trusty - 2007/11/26 22:46:04
    lawapa
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1144
    RE: Any positive reports on the Emu Libraries for Dimension Pro? 2007/11/26 23:30:37 (permalink)
    The SFZ files don't appear in the prog browser but they do show down below and in the sample folder with the wave files.

A simple c/p to a different instance of Dpro allows the 4 distinct elements which can be saved as a prog.

I've not snagged the new Emu collections but the sfz format allows you to specify much by way of sample specific settings. I can't comment as to how detailed Emu went in it's programing within the sfz format But they have been in the buisness for a while. So I'd tend to think the sfz's are close to complete without effects.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1