? about East West Gold and Gold XP

Author
rjt
Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1017
2007/11/30 00:46:02 (permalink)

? about East West Gold and Gold XP

This may be a really stupid or basic question (I've asked plenty of both.) I have EW Gold and Gold XP. On my old computer the patches and samples were loaded into different folders.... to use percussion (for example) from both players I had to use both players. I thought I read to install XP into the same folder as Gold....maybe I dreamt it. Anyway, what happens now is that I open the Gold XP Kompakt player and try to load a patch and some say --this patch is not compatible with this player--then I open the Gold Kompakt player and it loads. So my question..... is there a work around....how do you know in advance which patches are Gold XP and which are regular Gold....would I be better off reinstalling to different folders? If anyone uses both, I would appreciate your solution.

Thanks

Talk is cheap; supply outweighs the demand.

Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people look bright before you hear them speak.

Jerry Jones bought the Dallas Cowboys, Andy Reid owns them!!

2 Replies Related Threads

rumleymusic
    Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1533
    RE: ? about East West Gold and Gold XP 2007/12/06 17:10:39 (permalink)
    The Gold XP should open all the patches of the original Gold also. Try reinstalling the programs. I don't think they need to be in the same folder, I keep mine in my samples drive under East West. The original and the XP have sepparate audio folders. See if that works.
    rjt
    Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1017
    RE: ? about East West Gold and Gold XP 2007/12/06 19:37:13 (permalink)
    Got it figured out via the East-West Forums. Install Gold in a Gold folder, XP in XP. Then, if you want XP to work properly, copy the samples from Gold into the XP folder. If you need the disk space, you can delete the samples from the Gold folder and point the Gold instrument to the XP folder when it asks where the samples are.

Thanks for the reply! Didn't think anyone was paying attention anymore!
    Take care

Talk is cheap; supply outweighs the demand.

Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people look bright before you hear them speak.

Jerry Jones bought the Dallas Cowboys, Andy Reid owns them!!

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1