Additional sample sets for Session Drummer

Author
KCravens
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 65
2007/12/16 11:03:02 (permalink)

Additional sample sets for Session Drummer

Does anyone know how to load additional sample sets into the SD2? The default program comes with .kit files to load complete kits but the download that I purchased has individual drum .sfz files and one with the whole kit.sfz. What I did was click on the pad of each instrument and load it's own .sfz file and then saved the result as a .kit file. Is this the correct procedure? Also do I have to build my own drum map (or modify the default SD2 drum map) to display the additional variations of drum .wavs that come with this set?

Thanx
Kim

2 Replies Related Threads

OldNick
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1149
    RE: Additional sample sets for Session Drummer 2007/12/19 00:13:08 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: KCravens

Does anyone know how to load additional sample sets into the SD2? The default program comes with .kit files to load complete kits but the download that I purchased has individual drum .sfz files and one with the whole kit.sfz. What I did was click on the pad of each instrument and load it's own .sfz file and then saved the result as a .kit file. Is this the correct procedure? Also do I have to build my own drum map (or modify the default SD2 drum map) to display the additional variations of drum .wavs that come with this set?

Thanx
    Kim

(1) Sounds right to me

(2) If the drum has different drum types and names from the Sess Drummer then yes, you will need a new map

Nick

Nick
    Aced : Zither Mush (I no longer have ANY idea what this means)
    Ancient Seeker of Artifacts
    Platinum 23.4.0, Win 7 64 bit
    KCravens
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 65
    RE: Additional sample sets for Session Drummer 2007/12/20 19:27:29 (permalink)
    Ok..

So I edited the default SD2 drum map to add the additional samples that came with this set...cymbal chokes, drum flams etc. but I can't get them to play. Just for fun I loaded the full kit .sfz file into Dimension LE and they are all there, but SD2 will not load (or I don't know how to load )the full kit .sfz file. I can only load each individual instrument .sfz file. What's up?

Thanks again
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1