MOre Session Drummer trouble

Author
OldNick
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1149
2007/12/19 03:50:50 (permalink)

MOre Session Drummer trouble

Session drummer has some real issues, at least on my system. Anyone else using it extensively?

I have already posted about the missing first note.

AFAICS there are several ways to use the SD.

(1) Trigger each pattern at the beginning of each measure that you want it to start at.
(2) Set SD to loop, then trigger once, or trigger once then again if you have stopped it for any reason.
(3) Drag and drop the MIDI pattern into MIDI track and use that, groove clipping out as far as you need.

Problems:
(1) - Misses first note if stopped and restarted
- often plays a note _early_ if you place a starter event on some measures. So you get bass snare bass bass snare bass snare in a measure, but then the next measure starts maybe 1/8th beat _before_ the next starter event. Only the first event is early. After that it gets back into time.
- Sometimes misses measures entirely.
(2) Misses measures if re-triggered after being stopped.
(3) - Drag and drop "forgets" a few MIDI events! Really weird and there is nothing you can do about it.
- AND it misplaces some MIDI events, so you get weird effects

\So AFAICS the only reliable way for me is to import the MIDI track from the files list.

As I say,has anyone else seen any of this?

Thanks for any help

Nick

post edited by OldNick - 2007/12/19 05:45:28

Nick
Aced : Zither Mush (I no longer have ANY idea what this means)
Ancient Seeker of Artifacts
Platinum 23.4.0, Win 7 64 bit

2 Replies Related Threads

mose
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 513
    RE: MOre Session Drummer trouble 2007/12/19 09:47:20 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: OldNick
    Problems:
    (1) - Misses first note if stopped and restarted

I've experienced the situation where if you trigger SD2 to start on the first beat of the measure, you don't the get instrument (e.g., bass) that is supposed to play on the first beat. It seems like when you trigger on the first beat, the first beat has already happened, and the note for that beat cannot be played. I just back the trigger note up to the last 1/16th or 1/32nd of the previous measure so that I don't catch any beats at the end of the measure, and the first beat of the next measure starts fine. I have not used SD2 extensively, but I have not experienced or noticed any of the other problems you mention. If you have a minimal project that reproduces the problem, I would encourage you to submit it as a bug report. Having an example of the problems makes finding and fixing the problem a lot easier for the programmers.
    OldNick
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1149
    RE: MOre Session Drummer trouble 2007/12/19 16:46:23 (permalink)
    OK. Thanks. If you have had some of the problems and they seem related, that's enough that I will submit it (well, if I don't have to run through _too_ many rings). I will try backing the trigger back a bit. But given that I am already getting early triggering....<G>

It's funny. I thought afterward. The note event that is missing when I drag and drop MIDI is...the firs note of the pattern. But not right at the start. It's that first note.

Nick

Nick
    Aced : Zither Mush (I no longer have ANY idea what this means)
    Ancient Seeker of Artifacts
    Platinum 23.4.0, Win 7 64 bit
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1