STUDIO INSTRUMENTS - HELP PLEASE !

Author
radio
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2782
2008/01/16 22:39:37 (permalink)

STUDIO INSTRUMENTS - HELP PLEASE !

Does anyone have this Pluggin and is so how do I get it to work in Music Creator 4 ? I have tried over and over to make it work in MC4 and it does nothing at all,no sound nothing.
As a (standalone ) it works just fine and I hear the drums play and other instruments too if I choose them,it just doesn't work in Music Creator 4.

Heres another question is Studio Instruments AUDIO or MIDI when used in Music Creator 4 ?
I'm trying to figure out why no sound when I hit a drum or cymbal or when I try to play a pre-pattern,I choose Jazz and then double click( Jazz1 ) and it will not play again no sound.

I'm sorry but the setup process is not friendly to work with in MC4 and the manual isn't easy to follow either.

If someone who has theirs working can help me get my working that would be great , atleast a start for me.

Thanks,hope someone can help soon.

5 Replies Related Threads

radio
    RE: STUDIO INSTRUMENTS - HELP PLEASE ! 2008/01/17 00:35:25 (permalink)
    Heres the scoop ! I tried again and it does tell me I'm connected but still nothing , I'm lost here.
    techead
    Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4353
    RE: STUDIO INSTRUMENTS - HELP PLEASE ! 2008/01/17 09:17:41 (permalink)
    Music Creator 4 looks like a very slimmed down and simplified flavor of SONAR. I don't have Music Creator 4 at my disposal and have not ever used it, but perhaps it uses soft synths like SONAR does. If that is the case then:

SONAR uses two tracks to handle a software instrument: a) MIDI, and b) Instrument/Audio.

a) One track is MIDI and is where the performance "gestures" are kept. That is, which note, how long, how hard, etc. It is just performance data.

b) The other track is Instrument (or Audio) and is where the actual softsynth is hosted and audio effects are applied.

To make it work you need to do the following:

1) Insert a MIDI track and a Synth track. In SONAR this is easily done in one action with the "Insert" synth menu or by using the "Synth Rack". Not sure if is that simple in MC4 or not. If not, just manually add one MIDI track and one Synth track.

2a) In the MIDI track, set the MIDI input of the track to your MIDI keyboard controller. That will let it receive MIDI performance data from your keyboard.

2b) In the MIDI track, set the MIDI output of the track to your softsynth track. That will send its MIDI performance data to the instrument.

3) In the synth/audio track, set the audio output to either your sound card or to a bus that uses your soundcard as its output.

That should do it.
    post edited by techead - 2008/01/17 09:18:38
    radio
    RE: STUDIO INSTRUMENTS - HELP PLEASE ! 2008/01/17 14:11:18 (permalink)
    Thanks for the help,I will look into that with MC4,fooled with it for hours last night with no success at all. I'm going to try calling support on this product and MC4 first,hope I can reach someone who can help.
    cake8888
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 26
    RE: STUDIO INSTRUMENTS - HELP PLEASE ! 2008/01/25 15:36:22 (permalink)
    Hi ive had the same problem,when I go to record a drum track from si drum with the audio trac and the synth trac only the audio will look like its there but the midi trac does not show any signs of the drums,im using sonar 6 with 2gig ram and external sound card(m-audio) vista,
    it seems that the midi info does not pick up in the synth trac but looks like it in the audio trac.

Thanks for any help.

jeff.
    radio
    RE: STUDIO INSTRUMENTS - HELP PLEASE ! 2008/01/25 22:21:06 (permalink)
    BUSY- BUSY- BUSY , sorry for the delay.
    I had to reinstall my new Windows XP Pro , last night I reinstalled both Music Creator 4 & Studio Instruments and guess what Studio Instruments is not working again with my new sound card I just installed.
    I finally did hear from support and they said it was my sound card when I was running Vista but now I'm running XP Pro on my old computer .
    It was working the first time and the Drum set sounds were not the same as when I ran it as a stand alone using Studio Instruments .
    Not sure what the problem is but I uninstalled Music Creator 4 and now I'm getting ready to reinstall it to see if I missed anything during the install,back later
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1