rapture and dimension midi cc

Author
dareme
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 25
2008/01/22 16:45:35 (permalink)

rapture and dimension midi cc

Hi i'm know you can assign midi controllers number (CC) to the knobs in dimension pro and rapture pro
but i'm wondering it's there anyways i can assign midi controllers numbers (CC) to the envelopes settings like its attack decay sustain type.
because i'm trying to automate the attack with midi controllers
is there anyways to assign a midi controller(CC) to the attack?

if not , can i automate it in the audio section of the soft synths?

please help hopefully there is for the midi side.
derick

3 Replies Related Threads

b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: rapture and dimension midi cc 2008/01/22 18:36:05 (permalink)
    i'm wondering it's there anyways i can assign midi controllers numbers (CC) to the envelopes settings like its attack decay sustain type.
    because i'm trying to automate the attack with midi controllers
    is there anyways to assign a midi controller(CC) to the attack?
    Several. You not really going to 'move the nodes' in a visible sense, but you can change the behavior of the segments connecting those nodes.

The easiest way is to program two of your keyboard's controls to transmit CC73 and CC72. That's it. The rest is already done for you; hardwired within Rapture. Adjusting these two controls will give you global control over attack and release. That is ... they will affect the sum of all six Elements at once.

Another way is to click on the targeted EG envelope, then press "V" or "K" on your Qwerty keyboard. Drag upwards or downwards with your mouse. "V" will produce a set of orange bars which respond to keyboard velocity. "K" gets you purplish bars, which are affected by your keyboard position (the notes that you're playing). Upwards lengthens the displayed time between EG nodes (in each 'segment'); downwards shortens it.

There's an astounding amount of control to be harvested here. Because it's a multiplication operation, start out with small amounts of 'colored bar' deviations from the center of the EG display. But perhaps you'd rather not have global control, or want to control individual EGs with another MIDI message (like a mod wheel). It's time to open up the Modulation Matrix window (the 3rd icon from the left, in the group of four).

Select a Source message in one of the 24 open slots. For instance, let's use CC1 (Mod Wheel). As a Destination, navigate down to either EG Attack, or EG Release. Now choose one of the modulation types (Pitch, the filters, Volume, etc.) and the right Element (1-6). Go to the Depth column, and dial in a postive or negative depth to the effect. Depending on how you have your "attack" set up, or the "release", +/- values of Depth wll either lengthen or shorten the entire attack / release sets of segments.

By that I mean anything before the sustain point (vertical reddish-orange line) is the attack portion, and anything beyond that vertical sustain point line being considered release. If any or all of this was unclear, please let me know. Here's two articles at the Project5 Wiki that may help.

Nodes, Segments, and Shapes
    Multiple AttackDecayRelease

Edit:
    Dropped letters galore.
    post edited by b rock - 2008/01/22 22:13:07
    dareme
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 25
    RE: rapture and dimension midi cc 2008/01/23 04:15:52 (permalink)
    when you say open the modulation matrix, i know they have this for dimension pro, but do they have the modulation matrix for rapture, too.

thanks for previous help.
    torhan
    Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4271
    RE: rapture and dimension midi cc 2008/01/23 08:03:53 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: dareme

when you say open the modulation matrix, i know they have this for dimension pro, but do they have the modulation matrix for rapture, too.

thanks for previous help.

Yes, there's Mod Matrix in Rapture -- same icon as in DimPro - the "midi pin."

Sonar Platinum
    Premier Tracks
    ASCAP
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1