Troubles with the Galbanum install with Rapture

Author
hubbub
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13
2008/01/29 01:14:05 (permalink)

Troubles with the Galbanum install with Rapture

For some reason my installation of the Galbanum Arch. Waveforms isn't working the way it should. I get the initial zip file and I have to move it around before it'll actually open (it gives me an error message that reads that the temp file can't be created). When it opens and I can finally get to the Windows Install zip folder, the installation wizard seems pretty broken. The initial "welcome to the install" form is missing the picture... the "do you accept these rules" or whatever page just shows a blank field with the two radio buttons, and then when it installs it shows no results. Nothing is installed anywhere, and worse, now when I try to open Rapture inside of Sonar 7 it crashes the entire program and I have to restart my computer to get things back to a normal state. I've tried downloading it a couple of times in different browsers but I just get the same results. Has anyone else experienced this? And if so, what can I do to fix this? I realize this is a question for tech. support but it's late and I figured I'd just see if anyone here knows about this.

2 Replies Related Threads

ChristopherM
    Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1921
    RE: Troubles with the Galbanum install with Rapture 2008/01/29 06:37:35 (permalink)
    IIRC, the Galbanum installation pdf refers to Cakewalk's "pre Vista" folder hierarchy. You mention Sonar 7, which indicates that your set-up is using the new hierarchy (even if your OS is XP), so perhaps you need to adapt the installation procedure to reflect the new folder hierarchy.
    hubbub
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 13
    RE: Troubles with the Galbanum install with Rapture 2008/01/30 12:35:54 (permalink)
    Thanks Chad. I finally got them in their right place although for some reason they wouldn't just copy over in one bulk folder. I had to move each of the individual folders one at a time. But I'm glad they're finally in there!
    post edited by hubbub - 2008/01/30 12:59:28
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1