Rapture drums garbled

Author
Murlin
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13
2008/02/03 08:28:18 (permalink)

Rapture drums garbled

Hello everyone.

I really love the new Rapture1.1. But I seem to be having a problem with the drum kits getting garbled.

Most all the kits only have 3 notes that will make sounds. There are a couple that of kits where the 3 notes make different sounds, but for most of the kits, all sound is the same garbled mess.

I have installed the expansion packs from the combined install...

Anyone know what I might need to do to clear up this issue?
I have a SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS...

It is probably some setting somewhere., but I can't find it...
post edited by Murlin - 2008/02/03 08:32:01

2 Replies Related Threads

b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: Rapture drums garbled 2008/02/03 08:47:32 (permalink)
    Most all the kits only have 3 notes that will make sounds. There are a couple that of kits where the 3 notes make different sounds, but for most of the kits, all sound is the same garbled mess.
    The ones in XP-2 (or the original preset counterpart) are synthesized drums from wavetables.
    One 'drum' per Element, bound loosely to the MIDI drum mapping standard.

The Drum category in XP-1 has the BT loops, and the Kick/Snare catalog borrowed from Dimension Pro. These are covered by a wider range of key trigger notes over MIDI. In any case, look to the Lo / Hi Key section for the mapped notes as you click through each Element. Most of them have trigger notes in the octave or two below middle C (MIDI Note 60).

I can't help you with the 'garbled' part.
    Murlin
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 13
    RE: Rapture drums garbled 2008/02/04 13:53:08 (permalink)
    Hey thanks man I will look at the mapping that my keyboard controller uses.

I noticed that it is also the same with the Rapture LE....

IT is probably something in my cheepie M-Audio keyboard controller....funny thing is that Session drummer 2 is mapped out perfect ...

That Video up top where Brandon Demo's Rapture, i cannot get the drumsets to play like he is doing.

I have pressed every key on my controller and there are only 3 of them makng sounds(C1,D1 & E1)...Some of the other keys where the drum map is suppose to be are trying to make sounds but it doesn't happen and when I switch kits those garbled notes are all the same.

It is probably because I need to change some settings but am to much a newb right now to figure it out

Edit Ok, something b rock said about the sounds in Rapture's drums being WAV files...

found this in the hardware tech support under my soundcard...

Note: While there are ASIO drivers for most Audigy sound cards, we recommend using WDM. Audigy cards lock at a 48 khz sample rate when in ASIO mode. This means you will only be able to record and play audio at 48 khz. Audio recorded at other sample rates will not play.

This may be the cause, I have to test it out when I get home...

You can never be too informed
    post edited by Murlin - 2008/02/04 16:00:20
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1