BCF2000 & AlphaTrak Simultaneously?

Author
fwrend
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 709
2008/02/06 22:46:13 (permalink)

BCF2000 & AlphaTrak Simultaneously?

Anyone using both of these units at the same time? How?

Is there a way to set these up so that the BCF can control the track faders and the AlphaTrak to control the Master Fader?

While I haven't been able to spend a lot of time (I just got the AT) I was hoping to be able to do this but Sonar doesn't allow me to select both in MIDI Devices.

2 Replies Related Threads

CJaysMusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 30423
    RE: BCF2000 & AlphaTrak Simultaneously? 2008/02/07 09:38:49 (permalink)
    It can be done. youll need to use the usb midi connections for both and make sure there both on before starting sonar, then youll be able to selct both with midi in and outs and then you define them in the control surface. For the BCF use the mackie control preset and for the alpha track, hum, i dont know. But i do know its very doable. Wait, if you just want the master fader control for the alpha track, just use the midi learn and dont define it as a control surface, just define the midi in and out
    Cj

www.audio-mastering-mixing.com - A Professional Worldwide Audio Mixing & Mastering Studio, Providing Online And Attended Sessions. We also do TV commercials, Radio spots & spoken word books
    Audio Blog
    fwrend
    Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 709
    RE: BCF2000 & AlphaTrak Simultaneously? 2008/02/07 09:48:17 (permalink)
    Thanks CJ - I pondered whether I would have to use ACT (that is what you mean by MIDI learn?) which makes sense. I just haven't wandered into that area of Sonar yet. I'm not at home but will try it later.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1