Just for the heck of it. New Song or first I should say listed on here by me!

Author
Freeze1st
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1213
2008/02/06 23:01:53 (permalink)

Just for the heck of it. New Song or first I should say listed on here by me!

Some crazy music, it's the first thing I done in many many years, I made it up on the spot. Don't think I always play this outa tune with the bad timing and all that stuff. I'm ussually worse! The music if you can call it that was made up on the spot and was a one take piece of music. with many years of not even playing. Some will probably call it a piece of ..... Well you know. Only two people have heard it up untill now, but I thought I would post it to let everyone else hear it just for the heck of it. I've chatted with many people on these boards and I felt like it's time to stop talking about things and let others hear my BS. I recorded it on the bossbr1600 and then imported it into MC4, which I will add I like MC4 so much better, but nowadays the boss is mostly a mixer plugged into my computer. I can't wait to get my hands on Sonar 6 XL soon. The music is called "Flying Solo" and has too many flaws to mention, but at least it was a start. I don't plan on doing nothing with it right now but I kinda like the bumble bee sound it has flying around. Play it in Hi-Fi to hear everything, otherwise you wan't be able to with the Lo-Fi.

Here's the link :

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=802780&songID=6246093
post edited by Freeze1st - 2008/02/07 00:14:48

MC4,Bossbr1600,Maudio2496,Vista HP, Stinger Electric Guitar,New York Pro Bass, MXL V67

9 Replies Related Threads

cato54321
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 419
    RE: Just for the heck of it. New Song or first I should say listed on here by me! 2008/02/07 09:18:11 (permalink)
    i like the tone of this guitar,is that a fender?sounds like one.well anyway cant wait to hear this with drums,bass, etc....this has some potential for a good song.good job!!

SHS6,.. HP Compaq Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit 8gb ram ,M-Audio2496, Alesis Multimix 16 firewire,Sennheiser and Shure mic's,Mapex Mars Pro series,Ludwig drums,Jackson, Ibanez,Fender,Yamaha and Gibson guitars,Fender London 150,Peavey Mark 4&Line 6-SpiderII, and my fav Hayden Peacemaker 40 tube amp.
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=684901
    Freeze1st
    RE: Just for the heck of it. New Song or first I should say listed on here by me! 2008/02/07 18:12:42 (permalink)
    Thank you. It's a Martin Singer SSL-10, nothing fancy really, I've had it a long time. THanks again

MC4,Bossbr1600,Maudio2496,Vista HP, Stinger Electric Guitar,New York Pro Bass, MXL V67
    Thatsastrat
    Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1267
    RE: Just for the heck of it. New Song or first I should say listed on here by me! 2008/02/07 21:53:56 (permalink)
    Way to jump into the water.
    I read where you said you were looking to get HS6XL.
    I have it and I really like it, but I'll tell you I went throught 4 versions of Music Creator before I made the leap.
    I would have got a very nice package with no knowlege of what to do with it.
    MC really does have alot to offer and learning to use what it has in it will take months, if not years, and along the way suppliing you with tons of fun.
    With all the free VST effects on the web MC can be and is very stong. The Classic collection of effects are as good as any I have tried and free to boot.

Sonar Platimum, Win10 32bit, Quad Q6600,4G DDR2 Ram, BCF2000, Lexicon Lambda interface,Tascam US 1800, WD 500 GB HD, M-Audio AV40 Monitors, Line 6 DI Gold, Guitar Rig 5 Pro, hand full of guitars, Kawia PH50 Keyboard,Digitech GNX3
    http://www.soundclick.com/thatsastrat/%3C/a%3E
    http://www.myspace.com/thatsastrat/music
    Freeze1st
    RE: Just for the heck of it. New Song or first I should say listed on here by me! 2008/02/08 00:14:56 (permalink)
    Thanks for the information. The main reason I keep looking at Sonar 6XL and I'm sure I'm gonna purchase it now, is because of the Dimension LE software that it comes with, plus I get a good discount to upgrade, only 129.00, yeah hahaha I say only but that's a lot of money to me, but it should be worth it. I need a little padding to fix a few tunes I have come up with.

I keep thinking though, will I be able to import anything that I have recording track wise on MC4 into sonar 6 xl? What I mean by that is the template not the audio export one track at a time . Either way I know I can get it into the software to do more with it. MC4's software has rely inspired me to play more music and record.

I do wish they would come up with like a "Remote Control" so that if you are recording certain thing you wouldn't have to move over to your computer and then back to your guitar/vocals or whatever microphone to record something. Maybe a wireless setup or something like that, it would be so simple I would think to make the program/computer with the software "Start Recording after hitting the button on the remote". Maybe I'm missing something, maybe there's a timed start recording setup? I dunno. Anyway that's just an idea I was thinking of.

Thanks for the the information.

Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    RE: Just for the heck of it. New Song or first I should say listed on here by me! 2008/02/08 06:47:24 (permalink)
    There are remote controls available. the most popular one is Tranzport. $200. yes, it's wireless.

yes, you should be able to import all of your projects from MC4 into SHS6 without problems. just don't uninstall MC from your computer.

I'll try to listen to your song later today. just been busy lately and haven't gotten around to it.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    Beagle
    • Total Posts : 50621
    RE: Just for the heck of it. New Song or first I should say listed on here by me! 2008/02/08 08:55:30 (permalink)
    good one, freeze! are you recording direct or mic'ing the amp? sounds like micing the amp

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    Freeze1st
    RE: Just for the heck of it. New Song or first I should say listed on here by me! 2008/02/08 20:15:50 (permalink)
    Thanks as always Beagle! That song was actually recorded on a Br1600, it was direct and I wasn't using a microphone on an amp, but I imported it into MC4. Now I am recording using the br1600 as a mixer for my vocals and guitars, and bass, using the digital outs going into the digital inputs on my M-Audio 2496. The end result of what I made up it would have been the same I think recording it the way I am recording now because the thing is I am using the br1600's guitar/bass/vocal effects going into the computer to MC4. Thanks for the information on the remote control, I didn't know if they had one or not. I'll get one eventually but I've gotta get my hands on Sonar 6 XL first. The Dimension LE ion the demo just sounds too good for me to pass up. This was the first thing I had played in a long time. I'm gonna work on my 80's metal cd project, and then an 80's rock project, some of that stuff is remakes of songs I done back then. All at the same time I'm starting to work on newer stuff. MC4 is just so much easier and sounds better than the bossbr1600 when it comes to the finished project, which when I first got the br1600 it was mainly collecting dust for a while because I just wasn't enthused about playing then. I just happened to see MC4 in office depot and thought it might be something fun to try, little did I know at the time that I was gonna be hooked on using it because it's so easy to make music with. I find myself thinking about nothing but playing music most of the time nowadays which is a good thing I guess, because it's actually fun again after a long time away from it. Sorry such a long message.
    post edited by Freeze1st - 2008/02/08 20:32:29

57Gregy
    • Total Posts : 14404
    RE: Just for the heck of it. New Song or first I should say listed on here by me! 2008/02/08 22:51:14 (permalink)
    Freeze1st, when I got SHS6, I didn't uninstall MC Pro 24, so all the projects I had in Pro just appeared in the file list of SHS6. But when opening them, I got a warning that "these files were created using an older version of Cakewalk. By opening them in SHS, you will not be able to open them in Pro" or something like that. No big deal, just wanted to let you know beforehand.

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    Freeze1st
    RE: Just for the heck of it. New Song or first I should say listed on here by me! 2008/02/09 08:10:50 (permalink)
    Thanks 57Gregy, I'm glad you told me that because it would have really upset me to read that when starting the prg.. I think I'll get sonar 6 xl in 2 weeks, I had a little set back with bills and such. I can't wait to start using it. That's good though because it will give me some time to start working on practising which is something I need to do badly. The only problem is though, my practice is mainly recording since I got MC4, although I'm fixing to start hitting the books again and practising some or a lot more either playing or with books. Thanks again
    post edited by Freeze1st - 2008/02/09 08:28:50

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1