Loopmasters loops problem.....

Author
gatagirl
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 58
2008/03/31 19:46:03 (permalink)

Loopmasters loops problem.....

Hi Everyone,

I responded to a post that was in the Products/sonar producer and studio, but perhaps it should be posted here under software.

I seem to be having problems with Loopmasters loops. I have successfully created my first song using loops from an Ueberschall CD.... No problems. This is the first time that I am using a CD from Loopmasters.

I can audition the Loopmasters loops successfully from the loop explorer......However, when I try to drag and drop the loop to the now time in my project, there is a quick blue line that runs across the bottom of the screen as if it is loading the audio, but then nothing shows up in the track. I have checked to see if the loop went to a different part of the track or into a different track altogether, but nothing is there. If I hit Edit/Undo it says 'undo insert event', but no event is in the track.

Also, there does not seem to be a problem dragging and dropping some of the loops from certain folders. I'm not sure why some loops work and others don't. They all are labeled as Wave files. Blacksun (the originator of the other post) mentioned that they might have different properties, but I was not sure how to determine this.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks......

Sonar PE 7
Intel Pentium 4, 2600 MHz, 1.5GB RAM, Windows XP SP2
Audiophile 192 soundcard
Focusrite Voicemaster Platinum, Rode NT1a mic
Dimension Pro, Waves NPP, Waves RenMaxx

5 Replies Related Threads

gatagirl
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 58
    RE: Loopmasters loops problem..... 2008/04/01 19:38:29 (permalink)
    Paul from Loopmasters was kind enough to respond to an email that I sent. He mentioned that the files that did not drag and drop are the acidized loops. The ones that do show up in the tracks are not acidized.
    He also mentioned that he had just recently tested that loops and there was not any problems using sonar 6 (I used sonar producer ed 7).
    I still have sonar 6 HSXL on my pc so I decided to try the Loopmasters disk with that. The drag and drop was successful. The acidized loops appeared on the tracks without any problem....I was able to pull the clip out to change the length immediately etc.
    I'm glad that worked, but when I read the "sonar 7 power" guide, I did not see anything that would indicate that sonar 7 works with acid files differently than sonar 6.
    I wonder if there were not any problems using the Uberschall CD in sonar 7 because maybe the files were not acidized. After dropping a file into a track, I right clicked and went into the clip properties to enable looping and went from there.
    I'd like to use sonar p7, so any help that can be offered on this will be greatly appreciated.
    post edited by gatagirl - 2008/04/01 20:03:01

Sonar PE 7
    Intel Pentium 4, 2600 MHz, 1.5GB RAM, Windows XP SP2
    Audiophile 192 soundcard
    Focusrite Voicemaster Platinum, Rode NT1a mic
    Dimension Pro, Waves NPP, Waves RenMaxx
    Dave Modisette
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11050
    RE: Loopmasters loops problem..... 2008/04/03 11:32:40 (permalink)
    Have an look at your Event View. After the DnD press "Ctrl-A" to select everything and then open the Event View. If there is an event there see if there any clues about what the problem may be. Like length or channel. That kind of thing.

Dave Modisette ... rocks a Purrrfect Audio Studio Pro rig.

http://www.gatortraks.com 
    My music.
    ... And of course, the Facebook page. 
    barbaroja
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 107
    RE: Loopmasters loops problem..... 2008/09/17 14:34:14 (permalink)
    I am in the same boat. So annoying.
    Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    RE: Loopmasters loops problem..... 2008/09/19 07:02:51 (permalink)
    Gatagal , did you ever sort it out? also which cd was it...

I have 3 of their collection now, also spoke to Paul about another matter.

Sergio , dunno which version of sonar you use, but I use the RX2 (recycle) version of the loops normally and you can use them in RXP, maybe that's a solution.

barbaroja
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 107
    RE: Loopmasters loops problem..... 2008/09/19 19:44:27 (permalink)
    Well, I fixed it by saving the drum loop I wanted to use with ZeroX BeatSlicer using loop points. Then, it loaded flawlessly in sonar 7.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1