DIM PRO EXP PACK 2 Missing RX2s ??

Author
Desperate Dan
Max Output Level: -59.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1554
2008/04/06 05:17:10 (permalink)

DIM PRO EXP PACK 2 Missing RX2s ??

I Was recently going through the Dim Pro Sound Banks and realised that when I selected Expansion Pack 2 and went to the *Grooves* Category and then Selected Sounds from Either *Drum n Bass* or *Hip Hop* Categories the Message appears as follows:

Any Body Else having the Same problem?
post edited by Desperate Dan - 2008/04/06 05:35:38

Windows 7 Professional  64 bit - Intel Q-9550 2.83 CPU, 8Gb DDR800, Gigabyte EP35-DS3R, M-Audio Delta 44, Yamaha HS-80M Monitors, UAD-1 Ultra Pack

I'm reading a book about anti-gravity at the moment and I just can't put it down

26 Replies Related Threads

b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: DIM PRO EXP PACK 2 Missing RX2s ?? 2008/04/06 08:19:08 (permalink)
    Do a search of your drive(s) for "Dimenson Pro.dll". If you chose both VST(i) and DX(i) versions at installation, you should only have two instances of the .dll in total. Each of them should be Version 1.2.0.214 or similar in the Properties sheet. It's my guess that you have more than one VST(i) resident, and one of them is still holding at Version 1.x.x.xxx.
    ChristopherM
    Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1921
    RE: DIM PRO EXP PACK 2 Missing RX2s ?? 2008/04/06 08:43:46 (permalink)
    I have had a similar message as a consequence of making an error in re-organising folder structures (in my case to force Rap and DimPro to share multisamples). It went away as soon as I corrected the typo in the folder. Of course, in that case, I got a similar error when I attemoted to load any prog. If you are getting it only for a few, have you checked that the the referenced .RX2 files are in the place where Dim Pro expects to find them? Have the been accidentally moved or deleted? (Sorry if I am simply telling you what is already obvious!)
    Desperate Dan
    RE: DIM PRO EXP PACK 2 Missing RX2s ?? 2008/04/06 10:32:38 (permalink)
    Do a search of your drive(s) for "Dimenson Pro.dll". If you chose both VST(i) and DX(i) versions at installation, you should only have two instances of the .dll in total. Each of them should be Version 1.2.0.214 or similar in the Properties sheet.

The DXI Dim Pro .DLL is ver 1.2.0.214 and is in the C:\program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro Sub Directory
    The VST Dim Pro .DLL is ver 1.2.0.214 and is in the C:\program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins\Dimension Pro Sub Directory

I didn't move any Directories on install either, they are in the Default content directory in my case E:\Instrument Soundbanks\Multisamples which was specified on Install. All the Other Patches find their samples. If I look in the Multisamples sub-directory all the Missing RX2 files are there Obviously the Install failed to point to the Alternate directory specified in the Install path options?

I Have logged this with Cakewalk but I don't hold my breath.
    post edited by Desperate Dan - 2008/04/06 10:44:13

Windows 7 Professional  64 bit - Intel Q-9550 2.83 CPU, 8Gb DDR800, Gigabyte EP35-DS3R, M-Audio Delta 44, Yamaha HS-80M Monitors, UAD-1 Ultra Pack

I'm reading a book about anti-gravity at the moment and I just can't put it down
    bvideo
    Max Output Level: -58 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1707
    RE: DIM PRO EXP PACK 2 Missing RX2s ?? 2008/04/06 11:09:39 (permalink)
    The .rx2 file is in a newer format than the original Dim Pro accepts. There are updates somewhere (this one?).
    Edit, sorry didn't see you have already checked your version number, but still, it is a .rx2 which is part of the new features.
    Bill B.
    post edited by bvideo - 2008/04/06 11:13:24
    Desperate Dan
    RE: DIM PRO EXP PACK 2 Missing RX2s ?? 2008/04/06 11:15:39 (permalink)
    The .rx2 file is in a newer format than the original Dim Pro accepts. There are updates somewhere (this one?).

The DLLs are already updated hence the 1.2.0.214 from the Original Dim Pro 1.10 DLL. It's definately a Bug as the RX2's are there the Program simply isn't pointing to the right Path. All the other patches find their Multisamples?

SteveJL
    Max Output Level: -29 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4644
    RE: DIM PRO EXP PACK 2 Missing RX2s ?? 2008/04/06 12:31:39 (permalink)
    So, can anyone with DIM Pro confirm they are having the same trouble? (Sorry, I noticed no-one has actually answered THAT)

bvideo
    Max Output Level: -58 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1707
    RE: DIM PRO EXP PACK 2 Missing RX2s ?? 2008/04/06 17:28:14 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: SteveJL

So, can anyone with DIM Pro confirm they are having the same trouble? (Sorry, I noticed no-one has actually answered THAT)

I can confirm that I am not having that trouble; those patches load and play OK. No clue what the trouble would be on your machine.

I notice my version number is 1.2.0.215 (maybe that is the RTAS patch?). And I did not install the DXi version.
    Bill B.
    SteveJL
    Max Output Level: -29 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4644
    RE: DIM PRO EXP PACK 2 Missing RX2s ?? 2008/04/06 19:26:02 (permalink)
    Then I woyuld hazard a guess that maybe there is a LE version interfering, maybe? I would do a full uninstall of all things Dimension, and a reinstall of Pro.

ChristopherM
    RE: DIM PRO EXP PACK 2 Missing RX2s ?? 2008/04/07 04:21:38 (permalink)
    LE version interfering, maybe?
    Dim Pro and Dim LE install by default as two completely independent plugs, so I would say that this is unlikely to be the answer unless OP has taken any actions that would remove their independence - for example, by moving, merging, or deleting samples and folders.

Mr. Desperate, have you confirmed that the specific .rx2 files that the error message references are actually present and correct in the appropriate folder? Bear in mind that unless you have performed the merging of folders (together with the registry hacks) any sample required by any prog for Dim Pro must be in the folder corresponding to Dim Pro, any sample required for any prog for Dim LE must be in its corresponding folder, and any required for both must be in each folder.
    Desperate Dan
    RE: DIM PRO EXP PACK 2 Missing RX2s ?? 2008/04/07 06:41:03 (permalink)
    Mr. Desperate, have you confirmed that the specific .rx2 files that the error message references are actually present and correct in the appropriate folder? Bear in mind that unless you have performed the merging of folders (together with the registry hacks) any sample required by any prog for Dim Pro must be in the folder corresponding to Dim Pro, any sample required for any prog for Dim LE must be in its corresponding folder, and any required for both must be in each folder.

The RX2 files are on the E: drive in my specified folder along with all the Other Multisamples. NO Registry editing has been done, straightforward install with a Content Directory on a fast RAID drive. If I had screwed up then all the Samples would be missing, they are all there and they all load fine except those two categories.

ChristopherM
    RE: DIM PRO EXP PACK 2 Missing RX2s ?? 2008/04/07 07:10:55 (permalink)
    I wasn't suggesting that you had screwed up - only looking for clues. Sorry if I caused offence. I'm running out of thoughts now, but here are two -

Take a look and confirm that the exact folder "address" is \Multisamples\72 - REX Drum Loops\Drum n Bass Breaks because I presume that the .progs in question have that coded into them. This is where mine are , and they load without issue into the 214 version of Dim Pro.

Do you have the same problem with Dim Pro running under the microhost?

Edit - Oh, and a third thought. Having got the error, what happens if you click on the Multisample window to invoke the Load Multisample dialogue? Can you force it to load the right multisample, or do you get another error?
    post edited by ChristopherM - 2008/04/07 07:15:30
    Desperate Dan
    RE: DIM PRO EXP PACK 2 Missing RX2s ?? 2008/04/07 12:25:00 (permalink)
    I wasn't suggesting that you had screwed up - only looking for clues. Sorry if I caused offence.

No Offence taken, normally I might have screwed up, but not this time, I even re-loaded Dim Pro again just to make certain. At the Moment every DXi or VSTi I load is dead, No Audio so I can't even test it. Somedays Cubase looks so enticing, everything works there. Anyway back to the Point when I can figure out why Sonars softsynths are all dead I Was going to test the Bank before Grooves and the Bank afterwards. Although I cant hear them I can see the samples have been loaded. Needless to say I Haven't heard a Peep out of Cakewalk since I reported it.

epillarbox
    Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 634
    RE: DIM PRO EXP PACK 2 Missing RX2s ?? 2008/04/07 13:26:09 (permalink)
    I think that this thread is for cleverer people than me, however...

I moved the contents of my expansion packs to rationalise the instruments with a view to having, for example, all the electric pianos in one folder. There is a file called programs.lst which I renamed and Dim Pro then created a new programs.lst to log which files were in which location.

Is this relevant? Is it helpful? I've no idea but good luck,

Laurence
    Desperate Dan
    RE: DIM PRO EXP PACK 2 Missing RX2s ?? 2008/04/07 13:54:28 (permalink)
    I moved the contents of my expansion packs to rationalise the instruments with a view to having, for example, all the electric pianos in one folder. There is a file called programs.lst which I renamed and Dim Pro then created a new programs.lst to log which files were in which location.

Is this relevant? Is it helpful? I've no idea but good luck,

Thanks for the Suggestion, I'll try it now, but it wont help Coz Sonars ability to Play Softsynths has given up the Ghost. GRRH

Desperate Dan
    RE: DIM PRO EXP PACK 2 Missing RX2s ?? 2008/04/07 14:05:25 (permalink)

Hi Laurence, It didn't help. Dim Pro did rebuild the .lst file which took a while. Thanks for the suggestion though

epillarbox
    Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 634
    RE: DIM PRO EXP PACK 2 Missing RX2s ?? 2008/04/07 14:48:37 (permalink)
    I'm sorry to hear that - it was probably a long shot. The multisample in your first post is located in the following directory for me: D:\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\72 - REX Drum Loops\Drum n Bass Breaks. I'm not sure if that's useful info either, but if you're exploring your directory tree you might find it a possible basis for comparison.

Continuing good luck,

Laurence
    ba_midi
    • Total Posts : 14061
    RE: DIM PRO EXP PACK 2 Missing RX2s ?? 2008/04/07 14:52:24 (permalink)
    Dan,
    I seem to remember there was some conflict with an older version of some DLL from another application relating to REX files. Unfortunately I don't remember the name of the DLL (might be a REASON dll). From what I understand, there is an update to it - or one can delete it so that Sonar only uses it's own relative DLL.

Doing a search of the forums may help (though I know there are many complaints about the search function).

But others have had this same problem and resolved it, so a search may still help.

Good luck.

ORIGINAL: Desperate Dan

Hi Laurence, It didn't help. Dim Pro did rebuild the .lst file which took a while. Thanks for the suggestion though

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

http://www.ba-midi.com/music/files
    Music gives me life, so I give life Music.
    Thanks for listening - Let's Dance to the rhythm of life! :)
    ba_midi
    RE: DIM PRO EXP PACK 2 Missing RX2s ?? 2008/04/07 14:57:02 (permalink)
    Check out this whole thread - it may be relevant:

http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=900666&mpage=1&key=RXP󛸺

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

Desperate Dan
    RE: DIM PRO EXP PACK 2 Missing RX2s ?? 2008/04/07 15:00:35 (permalink)
    I seem to remember there was some conflict with an older version of some DLL from another application relating to REX files. Unfortunately I don't remember the name of the DLL (might be a REASON dll). From what I understand, there is an update to it - or one can delete it so that Sonar only uses it's own relative DLL.

I remember Reading about it as well. I Thought it only applied to Drop Zone, maybe I'm wrong. It would be nice if Tech Support would respond to my email though. I Will try and find the post. I Just had a look and the only RX2 files are the ones in The Two Grooves sub-directories so maybe you are on to something there. Thanks Billy

Desperate Dan
    RE: DIM PRO EXP PACK 2 Missing RX2s ?? 2008/04/07 15:21:44 (permalink)
    Hi Billy

You were on the Money, here's the Procedure by Craig Anderton

I had a similar problem but got everything working fine with the very latest driver on Windows, as available from the Propellerheads site. Apparently, installing various programs can add copies of the REX Shared Library DLL at various places on your hard drive, causing confusion and perhaps causing a program to use an outdated or corrupted version. This can also happen with ReWire-compatible programs. To fix this:

1. Go to http://www.propellerheads.se and click on Downloads.
    2. Under Miscellaneous Updates, click on the ReWire and REX Shared Library links, then download the appropriate installers for your system.

Propellorheads have made the Procedure a lot easier with an Install instead of having to search for the DLLs anymore. Alls well with Dim Pro Grooves now. No Thanks to Tech Support.

ba_midi
    RE: DIM PRO EXP PACK 2 Missing RX2s ?? 2008/04/07 15:33:51 (permalink)
    Hi Dan,

Well, I'm glad I could be of help.

I don't have Reason or any Propellerhead apps on my system, so I guess that's why I never ran into this problem.

But as long as you're rockin' again, that's what matters.

Enjoy.

ORIGINAL: Desperate Dan

Hi Billy

You were on the Money, here's the Procedure by Craig Anderton

I had a similar problem but got everything working fine with the very latest driver on Windows, as available from the Propellerheads site. Apparently, installing various programs can add copies of the REX Shared Library DLL at various places on your hard drive, causing confusion and perhaps causing a program to use an outdated or corrupted version. This can also happen with ReWire-compatible programs. To fix this:

1. Go to http://www.propellerheads.se and click on Downloads.
    2. Under Miscellaneous Updates, click on the ReWire and REX Shared Library links, then download the appropriate installers for your system.

Propellorheads have made the Procedure a lot easier with an Install instead of having to search for the DLLs anymore. Alls well with Dim Pro Grooves now. No Thanks to Tech Support.

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

Tané
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 198
    RE: DIM PRO EXP PACK 2 Missing RX2s ?? 2008/04/07 21:03:52 (permalink)
    Hi Dan
    I tried to dupilicate your problem but my patches loaded fine. Sorry I couldn't help you find an answer
    Desperate Dan
    RE: DIM PRO EXP PACK 2 Missing RX2s ?? 2008/04/08 04:39:57 (permalink)
    Hi Dan
    I tried to dupilicate your problem but my patches loaded fine. Sorry I couldn't help you find an answer

I Did find the Problem, Thanks, Billy was on the Money with that one, Still no word from Cakewalk Tech support though.

Molasar
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 19
    Re: RE: DIM PRO EXP PACK 2 Missing RX2s ?? 2011/01/20 22:27:48 (permalink)
    I confirm I have the exact same problem, just on Mac OS X!

I have Dim Pro 1.5

I have installed Propellerheads REX Shared Library 1.6. Doesn't work. 1.7 and doesn't work either.

Help!
    FunkenGrooven
    • Total Posts : 46
    Re: RE: DIM PRO EXP PACK 2 Missing RX2s ?? 2011/01/21 12:18:04 (permalink)
    I confirm the problem as well, I started a thread a while back here http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?m=2178523 
    I don't have reason or any propellerhead stuff on my machine so I'm not sure what to do I need a "For Dummies" fix:)
    Molasar
    • Total Posts : 19
    Re: RE: DIM PRO EXP PACK 2 Missing RX2s ?? 2011/01/21 17:02:57 (permalink)
    I also used the Load Multisample dialogue to force Dim-Pro to load the REX file, but nothing, nada, zippo. No error, but no load either.

I'm on Mac Snow OS X 1.6.6, Logic Pro 9.1.3, Dim Pro 1.5.

Behaviour is the same with the microhost. For the life of me, I can't find the solution.

(I can import the REX files into Logic directly, if that helps... but they should work within Dim Pro as expected, right?)
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1