Glitch when installing Rapture expansion packs

Author
neiby
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 765
2008/04/28 10:48:53 (permalink)

Glitch when installing Rapture expansion packs

I installed Rapture yesterday, played with it a bit, and then downloaded and installed the expansion packs. However, the expansion packs weren't visible in the program browser when I opened Rapture. I closed it and reopened it and they still weren't there. I ended up having to delete (actually rename) the file called program.lst in the Rapture folder. This forced it to be rebuilt and the expansion packs became visible.

I just thought I'd mention it in case others have the same problem.

12 Replies Related Threads

b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: Glitch when installing Rapture expansion packs 2008/04/28 10:52:20 (permalink)
    Pressing F5 while the Program Browser is in focus will usually suffice for refreshing the listing.
    But the method that you describe is certainly an effective 'backup' procedure.
    neiby
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 765
    RE: Glitch when installing Rapture expansion packs 2008/04/28 10:57:12 (permalink)
    Ah. I guess F5 would have worked. :-) Didn't even think to try that.
    altima_boy_2001
    Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2033
    RE: Glitch when installing Rapture expansion packs 2008/04/28 19:51:43 (permalink)
    This is one of the most-asked questions in this forum...
    Truckermusic
    Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1924
    RE: Glitch when installing Rapture expansion packs 2008/05/08 12:02:29 (permalink)
    I had kinda of the same experience...... I installed Rapture.......rebooted....installed update 1.1......rebooted........installed the expansion packs 1 & 2.........rebooted then opened sonar....inserted soft synth Rapture...opened the program browser and only one program (a bass program of some sort) was listed.....pushed F5......nothing.....closed out sonar.....rebooted...opened sonar....opened Rapture...opened program Browser.....same bass program listed..nothing else.......I navagated to Raptures program folder and it listed all the program files and the expansoin packs......but Rapture did not see them.......so I tried the same thing with Rapture LE........same result........

I do not know how to solve this.........anyone?????

http://www.soundclick.com/cliffordamundsen 
    NZXT Phantom Case (in Black)
    Windows 7, Service Pack 1, 64 Bit OP
    Sonar X3 Producer, 64 Bit 
    Asus P8P67 Pro Rev.3 MoBo
    16 Gig of Ram 
    4.5 Gighz
    Intel i-7 2600k Quad Core Sandy Bridge
    Unibrain Firewire Card
    Edirol FA-101 Firewire interface
    Mackie Big Knob
    NI Komplete 8
    Machine 2
    MaestroGeek
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 302
    RE: Glitch when installing Rapture expansion packs 2009/05/28 00:49:55 (permalink)
    Ah, glad to have found this thread. I knew the expansion packs were installed correctly since I was able to see them in Windows Explorer. I just didn't know how to 'refresh' the list in the program browser as it turns out.
    Any chance this might get a sticky?

SONAR X1c Producer; SCOPE 5; Windows 7 x64
    PowerPulsar+PulsarPlus+PulsarSRB+A16 Ultra; DIGIMAX FS; MTP AV USB
    Core2 Q9300+DP35DP+8GB PC6400 DDR2 DIMM+GeForce 8600 GT
    MCU PRO; BCR2000; Lemur/Dexter
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    RE: Glitch when installing Rapture expansion packs 2009/05/28 02:31:59 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: MaestroGeek

Any chance this might get a sticky?

It might be a good idea but I would encourage use of the search function in the forum (which worked here) and RTFM. It took less time than posting this response to find the following excerpt from the online help in the Main Functions > Program Elements and Audio files > File Organization:
    Tip: You can add your own folders within the default Programs folder that Rapture installs. These folders will then display in the Program Browser, helping you to separate your custom programs with factory programs. If your new folders do not immediately appear in the Browser, press F5 to refresh the view.

post edited by scook - 2009/05/28 02:52:27
    Jive Talking Robot
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6
    RE: Glitch when installing Rapture expansion packs 2009/06/02 22:03:19 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: neiby

I installed Rapture yesterday, played with it a bit, and then downloaded and installed the expansion packs. However, the expansion packs weren't visible in the program browser when I opened Rapture. I closed it and reopened it and they still weren't there. I ended up having to delete (actually rename) the file called program.lst in the Rapture folder. This forced it to be rebuilt and the expansion packs became visible.

I just thought I'd mention it in case others have the same problem.

I am glad you did, because deleting the "program.lst" and forcing it to rebuild was the only thing that worked for me. So thanks! :)

And I say "Yes!", Sticky this thread and people won't be so quick to ask. RTFM didn't help in this case, and something as basic as adding expansion packs can be difficult to search for if you don't "word" it just right. Many of you are long time Rapture/DP owners and experienced with the issue, so what is complex for newbies is easy for you. But, after all, someone did mention this is a common question! Well, that's because Cakewalk did a poor job of implementing/documenting something as simple as adding expansion packs, so new users stumble around until we find something akin to a thread like this. I found it of course, but I am sure others, not intending to be "rude", run in to the same issues and don't get as lucky as I... and then create new threads much to the ire of forum vets... so sticky this already! :)

Let's take a walk through of the series of events I went through to get this working on Cubase 5. As I am new to this software, I did a clean 1.2 install on my Cubase 5 (64-bit version) Vista x64 machine, installing the x64 version of course.

1) Though the 1.2 installer showed the expansion packs were installed, they did not appear in the Rapture "Program browser". So... I found the expansion pack programs in the "C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Rapture" file (note that "ProgramData" is an invisible file!!!), but a) there were no expansion pack multisamples in the $\Multisamples file and b) the expansion packs didn't appear in the Rapture "Program browser" anyway (no amount of "F5"ing did a thing).

2) So... I downloaded the expansion packs... which stunningly force you to install them on the (x86) directory! So I let them install to (x86) and went about the job of manually re-installing them in to their proper locations 64 bit locations - I had to move the multisamples data from (x86) to the $\Multisamples file and the programs from (x86) to the "C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\" file. Wow.

3) THEN I had to delete the program.lst file, which I wouldn't have thought of until I found this thread.

I would love to be told there is an easier way to do this in Vista 64 Bit because what I described above is a stupid way to go about things; I am a big beliver in "User Error" as I am prone to it (hehe) so I am sure there is a better method for installing them... fortunatly I found this thread.

So a) a virtual beer for the OP and b) a hope that either the install notes are updated or a sticky is made to address what is a confusing and apprently quite common problem.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,

JTR

EDIT: I see in the downloads something called: "New Rapture Expansion Pack installer. Installs both XP1 and XP2 with the new Rapture 1.1 compatibility - Windows 256 MB NEW March 1, 2007 " Should I have used this with my fresh 1.2 install? In my situation above I installed each expansion pack one at a time. Thx... JTR
    post edited by Jive Talking Robot - 2009/06/03 12:01:09
    jeffwiththejams
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: RE: Glitch when installing Rapture expansion packs 2010/04/13 16:10:04 (permalink)

Thanks "b rock' for the F5 info!  I must have missed it in the download instructions.
    post edited by jeffwiththejams - 2010/04/13 18:20:05
    ldnelson
    RE: Glitch when installing Rapture expansion packs 2012/05/10 15:42:17 (permalink)
    I have read this thread with interest - thanks for those who have posted so far.  After "rebuilding" the browser list with F5 I was able to view the expansion pack sounds in the list and play some of them.  Several, however, indicate that WAV files are missing.  Do I need to manually move them from wherever they are to their proper location?  (Using Rapture64 LE at present, considering an upgrade to the full version depending on how this goes.)

Update (next day): While conversing with a trech support person at Cakewalk I discovered that the new multisamples had been loaded (within subfolders) to a folder called "multisamples" on the C: drive.  I moved them to the folder with the same name under the "Rapture" folder (c:\program files\cakewalk\rapture le in my case) and the patches seem to load fine now.  Hope this helps the next person.
    post edited by ldnelson - 2012/05/11 11:38:44
    phased
    RE: Glitch when installing Rapture expansion packs 2015/05/17 10:25:38 (permalink)
    There is no file called program.lst anywhere on my drives. F5 only opens the playlist in FL studio and does nothing in the standalone Rapture version.
    ShellstaX
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 502
    RE: Glitch when installing Rapture expansion packs 2015/05/17 18:00:51 (permalink)
    Ensure that you are focussed on (click within) the Browser pop-up window when pressing F5. If that doesn't work then there's something amiss with you installation or a conflict with other programs/setup that has commandeered the F5 key.

This thread is far too wieldy for use as a Sticky. If that were to be done I suggest a purpose built entry with clear topic and content. But it is in the manual (bonus points).
    SoundIT
    • Total Posts : 32
    RE: Glitch when installing Rapture expansion packs 2015/05/21 10:42:21 (permalink)
    Hello guys. Is there any possibility to get back my old Rapture's sounds if I don't have an installer (f.e. Craig Anderton's Electronic Guitars"). I asked Cakewalk to bring them back to my account cause I probably downloaded them as freebies. So I'm wondering which file (F5 doesn't work of course in this case - I copied all sounds to a new installation directory) keeps information about installed expansions to "help it see" my sounds?

Edit: Ok, there's no file, just copy sounds to ProgramData\Cakewalk\Rapture\Programs and... F5 . Hope this helps some people.

Edit 2: Damn it. Some sounds just give this:

File c:\program files\cakewalk\rapture\multisamples\technoguitars\5ths_distortion\5ths_dist_e1.wav not found or couldn't be loaded.
    File c:\program files\cakewalk\rapture\multisamples\technoguitars\5ths_distortion\5ths_dist_a1.wav not found or couldn't be loaded.
    File c:\program files\cakewalk\rapture\multisamples\technoguitars\5ths_distortion\5ths_dist_d2.wav not found or couldn't be loaded.
    File c:\program files\cakewalk\rapture\multisamples\technoguitars\5ths_distortion\5ths_dist_g2.wav not found or couldn't be loaded.

:/  Files are in place, they can be heard by just playing them in windows..

Ok, last edit. Files were corrupted. Maybe someone will take advantage of my "way to success" :)

post edited by SoundIT - 2015/05/21 14:53:59
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1