Hello newbie here

Author
qiitxx
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 51
2008/05/10 11:10:07 (permalink)

Hello newbie here

Can any body tell me where the help menu's for the various plug in's are located. I need info on how some of these effects and compressers work

4 Replies Related Threads

Mike Fisher
    Max Output Level: -63 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1374
    RE: Hello newbie here 2008/05/10 11:42:50 (permalink)
    In many / most cases, if the plugin window is highlighted, simply hit your F1 function key on your computer keyboard to bring up your help file.
    post edited by Mike Fisher - 2008/05/10 12:03:50
    bilbosblues
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 415
    RE: Hello newbie here 2008/05/10 15:56:59 (permalink)
    welcome

also, have you looked at the youtube sessions?
    very helpful in parts
    kwgm
    Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2271
    RE: Hello newbie here 2008/05/10 20:23:55 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: qiitxx

Can any body tell me where the help menu's for the various plug in's are located. I need info on how some of these effects and compressers work

Welcome, qiitxx. Already, your stock is up in my book, for not asking this question over on the main Sonar forum!

F1 doesn't usually work for me, and knowing something about help files, I find it easier to find them and open them directly.

It's easy to find the help file. Simply, if the plugin is called Chorus.dll, the help file is named either Chorus.hlp or Chorus.chm.

But before you go looking, it's helpful to know that Sonar ships with two types of plugins effects: Direct X (DX) and VST, and its own brand of MIDI effects, that I think also are built on a DX foundation. Sonar also comes with synths, more or less depending on the product. These too have their help files.

The DX plugins reside in these folders:

C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Plugins
    C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared MIDI Plugins

They all have associated help files (.chm or .hlp files).

The Direct X synths have help files in their respective folders. They reside here:

C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared DXi

The VST plugins are loaded in your specified VST folder, sometimes in a subfolder named Cakewalk, or placed in a separate subfolder in VST.

I don't think you'll have any trouble finding them.

Windows knows what to do with HLP and CHM files -- just double click the help file, and Windows will open it in the help viewer for you.

--kwgm
    ohhey
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11676
    RE: Hello newbie here 2008/05/10 20:42:39 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: qiitxx

When you double click on a plugin and open it's dialog, then press F1 while the plugin dialog has focus.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1