vst adaptor problem

Author
marsal
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 81
2008/05/16 11:34:52 (permalink)

vst adaptor problem

Hello,
got a wee problem with accessing my VST plugins -----I inadvertently deleted the place where the the adaptor goes to get the plugin from the plugin folder from the box in the vst adaptor---I keep all the plugins on the desktop.

now of course the plugs list in the adaptor does'nt show,cos it can't find the desktop--how do I get the desktop back in the adaptor destination window?It tells me the path is not there.

I'm not great at working things out in windows so could anyone tell me exactly what to do to get the access to my plugs back, I would be most grateful.

Also --how do you delete unwanted plugs from the VST wrapper? Thats why I'm in this mess,I couldn't get rid of one Ididn't want!I run SHS 4.
thanks in advance for any help,Marsal

6 Replies Related Threads

boten
    Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4353
    RE: vst adaptor problem 2008/05/16 12:22:22 (permalink)
    Open the plugin manager, click on the options button. When the windows open, click on "add" button and then a browser will open, then point to the desktop. Once you've done so select "re-scan existing plugins" option so the ones in the desktop will be shown in SHS

For your second question, in the plugins manager window select the unwanted plugin and click from the list and press on Exclude plugin button. It will not be shown in SHS anymore
    post edited by boten - 2008/05/16 12:24:14
    marsal
    RE: vst adaptor problem 2008/05/17 05:07:38 (permalink)

Thanks, Boten.Actually ,I was being slightly misleading,the unwanted plug still shows up in the track fx bin in the list of vsti plugs,and when you click on it,the message shows up saying plug not there anymore-- in other words I have a redundant pathway to a non-existent plug. Guess its not a biggie,but can the pathway be removed plus the plug being flagged up in the fx bin?
    thanks again,Marsal.
    Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    RE: vst adaptor problem 2008/05/17 07:47:16 (permalink)
    what do you mean by "flagged up in the fx bin?" if you want to get rid of it, just click on it in the FX bin and then hit the delete key on your keyboard.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    marsal
    RE: vst adaptor problem 2008/05/22 06:03:21 (permalink)

Well Beagle, that's what you think should happen to get rid of it,but.........

1.I get the plug name in thevst list--by r/click on track fx bin.

2.I click on the plug and get 'vsti adaptor error'mesage saying the plug failed to load [from the desktop] -even tho' its no longer there-it wasn't anywhere else either!

3.I click on the error notice and get a' cakewalk missing plug in stand in'saying the plug is missing or improperly installed--meanwhile the plug has 'appeared'in the fx bin--I can delete it but it stays in the vsti plug in list.

4.I have also moved a similarly named plug[which wouldn't load anyway] to the recycle bin to avoid any possible confusion----no change in the above story .

Frankly I'm puzzled, but as Isaid its not a huge prob, just an irritation.Can it be got rid of painlessly?
    THANKS, MARSAL.
    Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    RE: vst adaptor problem 2008/05/22 08:23:25 (permalink)
    3.I click on the error notice and get a' cakewalk missing plug in stand in'saying the plug is missing or improperly installed--meanwhile the plug has 'appeared'in the fx bin--I can delete it but it stays in the vsti plug in list.

Ok - that's a separate thing from what I thought you meant. yes, the plugin will stay until you get rid of it from the menu using the VST manager. I don't remember exactly how to get to it for SHS4, but I believe it should be under either TOOLS or OPTIONS.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    marsal
    RE: vst adaptor problem 2008/05/23 06:16:28 (permalink)

Thanks Beagle---I had a look in TOOLS and OPTIONS --------It doesn't seem to cover the problem as far as I can see but then I don't know much.If a phantom plug is the only thing I have to worry about I think I'll live!
    Thanks again,Marsal.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1