posted a song in the song forum, want to share

Author
wickerman
Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1039
2008/05/17 18:41:43 (permalink)

posted a song in the song forum, want to share

Hi all, been a while since I've even been on the PC - wrote and recorded this song today, I'm taking a 'big' project break and doing a small collection where all songs are wrote and recorded in one day - this is the first - few tracks, very little vocals effects or techniques - pretty raw IOW.

Drums are from the keyboard, so you know.

feedback welcomed and have a great day, thanks in advance.

Click on the link in sig to stream or go to music page to listen.

5 Replies Related Threads

57Gregy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14404
    RE: posted a song in the song forum, want to share 2008/05/17 20:36:55 (permalink)
    Written, recorded and posted in 1 day. Pretty impressive, Terry. I'm still trying to get songs I wrote decades ago recorded.
    Good work, I like it.

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    rob.pulman
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1146
    RE: posted a song in the song forum, want to share 2008/05/18 09:38:52 (permalink)
    Nice song, vocals seem quite Floyd-ish. Can I ask what effects you used on the vocals? Is it reverb and flanger or something like that?

Stoojo Music

Dell 2400, XP 1 Gig RAM, Pentium 4 2.8 Ghz, M-Audio 2496, PSR310, LP Custom, Fender Strat, Yam Acoustic, Peavey amps, Zodiac BXP bass
    Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    RE: posted a song in the song forum, want to share 2008/05/18 13:28:44 (permalink)
    Not bad for one day write, record, mix & post...

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    electroylite
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 232
    RE: posted a song in the song forum, want to share 2008/05/18 18:20:57 (permalink)
    Musically it reminds me of a mix of heather nova and big head todd and the monsters....good stuff. Nice lyrics of what i could understand. was actually hoping you might post lyrics. TBH i forget about the drums being keyboards as soon as the guitar really gets going....killer guitar solo. Not because of tech. but it is just very driven and moving. great emotion to the song.

What i didnt care for....the little intro just didnt seem very fitting to the rest of the song...and i did notice the absence of bass. not because it really needed it perse but just because i could really imagine a killer bass riff weaving through the song.

Great Work....I am looking forward to hearing more!

Motagator:http://www.motagator.net/bands/319/
    MySpace:http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=26880723
    MC4, Winxp home media edition sp2, 920 Pentium D Processor, 2.0GB Mem, 300 GB HD, GNX4
    wickerman
    Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1039
    RE: posted a song in the song forum, want to share 2008/05/19 20:54:20 (permalink)
    Thanks for the comments, this song was fun to do. The vocals only have some short delay on them, maybe a bit of verb. It's also only one track, typically I do two tracks since I'm always trying to make them sound better, although now after having sung on a number of songs - I can hear my voice now and *think* I may be able to write better for what I can do. Then add a bunch of smoke and mirrors

Not sure about the lack of bass electrolyte, seems to me to be a bit loud, almost. I cloned the track and panned 50% each way, maybe I cut too much off the low end. I do hack with the EQ at mixdown......and I do it destructively! and yeah...I may be able to do some decent fairly heavy faster moving riffs, but doing that same kind of thing on leads - doesn't happen for me. So I try to build themes with lead stuff or expand the melody somehow, I leave the real solo work for real lead guitarists.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1