Come on 'n Stay wit' me

Author
Jonbouy
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 22562
2008/05/19 03:00:41 (permalink)

Come on 'n Stay wit' me

A bit of an experiment this one, I had the Piano groove done awhile back, I liked it, but couldn't make it work anywhere. Then I was looking at Kurt Kurasaki's website 'Peff.com' and found some Redrum patches that he'd done on a little Reason refill he had there for download. A little beat he had going on a demo tune resulted in this really cool down-tempo groove it blends perfectly and was just what I was after.

A work in progress and the melody is heavily suggested in the backing here, some lyrics which include the title are almost penned and hopefully I can get my eldest daughter (who sings like a lark) to lay down a vocal for it in the next few weeks.

Enjoy

Come on 'n Stay wit' me!
post edited by Jonbouy - 2008/05/19 13:28:53

10 Replies Related Threads

Mamabear
    • Total Posts : 8954
    RE: Come on 'n Stay wit' me 2008/05/19 08:26:39 (permalink)
    Nice piano playing! I think this fits together well. Can't wait to hear it finished!
    lhansen
    Max Output Level: -27.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4765
    RE: Come on 'n Stay wit' me 2008/05/19 12:05:05 (permalink)
    A bit of Jazz/Blues goin' on here. I liked it. Would love to hear vox on this as mentioned.

Slow Marching Band

Win 7 x64, Sonar X1E x64, Studio One v2, Focusrite Saffire 24 DSP Pro, Genelec 8030a, True Systems P-Solo, Focusrite ISA One, FMR RNP, GAP-73. 

"Someone to watch over me".
    foxwolfen
    • Total Posts : 8256
    RE: Come on 'n Stay wit' me 2008/05/19 16:21:20 (permalink)
    So what exactly is a Jam Jar Jon?

This is cool Jon. Each tune I have heard from you has been quite different. The base line is definitely smokin. Piano is really nice sounding.

Cheers
    Shad

A scientist knows more & more about less & less till he knows everything about nothing, while a philosopher knows less & less about more & more till he knows nothing about everything.

Composers Forum
    Jonbouy
    RE: Come on 'n Stay wit' me 2008/05/19 17:04:07 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: foxwolfen

This is cool Jon. Each tune I have heard from you has been quite different. The base line is definitely smokin. Piano is really nice sounding.

Cheers
    Shad

Thanks fer listenin' Guys.

Mamabear: thanks for the thumbs-up, because I don't have your consummate keyboard skills, I have to confess the only part that I played 'live' on the track was the damper (muffler) pedal... my method is all down to laying down some chords and some painstaking editing.

lh: Thanks, the aim was a retro jazz/blues gospel kind of feel with a modern twist so I must be on the right lines...

Shad: Everything's been different so far as I've just been familiarising myself with different techniques and workflows so I haven't really gotten into a vibe yet but being as I mostly listen to stuff like Air, Zero 7, Gotan Project and Groove Armada style these days I took the putting myself in the 'Electronica/Mellow' section on soundclick.

I'm quite keen to mix up the styles a bit though after 30 years of Rockin' and Rollin'.

btw the Piano is a default Reason soundbank one as I seem to have settled in to doing a lot of stuff with it via 'Rewire'. You can't beat the audio output quality of Sonar though it's fantastic. Pity everything gets mangled on encoding an mp3 though.
    j_T
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 155
    RE: Come on 'n Stay wit' me 2008/05/19 17:19:46 (permalink)
    Cool tune. Somewhere between Ramsey Lewis, Dave Brubeck and Floyd Cramer ...

I liked the piano and the bass.

Regards,

Tommy
    Mamabear
    RE: Come on 'n Stay wit' me 2008/05/19 17:30:25 (permalink)
    Wow--you play the piano better than I do! This really is good and it amazes me that you did it all with the mouse. And I KNOW how painstaking editing is, even though I can play! Keep up the great work!
    montezuma
    Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2520
    RE: Come on 'n Stay wit' me 2008/05/19 18:29:52 (permalink)
    Yo. Pretty cool little bit of jazz kind of stuff there. Did you mention what all the instrumentation was? Oh yep, got it...the damped part. Well cool :)
    Jonbouy
    RE: Come on 'n Stay wit' me 2008/05/20 09:41:10 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: j_T

Cool tune. Somewhere between Ramsey Lewis, Dave Brubeck and Floyd Cramer ...

Tommy

That's made my day Tommy, I was really looking for that late '60's club sound with this and to quote the 3 amazing players above in relation to my tune....Well, I'll hush my mouth while the going's good...

ORIGINAL: Mamabear

Wow--you play the piano better than I do! This really is good and it amazes me that you did it all with the mouse. And I KNOW how painstaking editing is, even though I can play! Keep up the great work!

I'm not takin' any notice of your modesty. You ROCK!!!

ORIGINAL: montezuma

Yo. Pretty cool little bit of jazz kind of stuff there. Did you mention what all the instrumentation was? Oh yep, got it...the damped part. Well cool :)

I guess the 'instrumentation' just like any other traditional musical instrument, involves the ability of the creator to direct the tools used the way he wants them to go, and not letting those tools dictate the outcome. Playing 'live' which I have done with some moderate success for 30 years, believe me was easier for me, than getting this computer stuff to do what I want it too.

But I'm eagerly learning and enjoying it all so far, which is great as I thought music was over for me when I was forced to stop playing a little while ago.

Thanks fer listenin' and taking the time to respond.

Mamabear
    RE: Come on 'n Stay wit' me 2008/05/20 14:21:56 (permalink)
    Hey, thanks. But I am still impressed with your ability to write music and what you've done here on the piano especially is something I'm trying to learn!!
    foxwolfen
    • Total Posts : 8256
    RE: Come on 'n Stay wit' me 2008/05/21 13:22:03 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Jonbouy

ORIGINAL: foxwolfen

OMG, there are days I am thicker than peanut butter

label ... jam jar... duh... now I get it.

It seems when I am spending energy on music my IQ drops considerable LOL.

Cheers
    Shad

A scientist knows more & more about less & less till he knows everything about nothing, while a philosopher knows less & less about more & more till he knows nothing about everything.

Composers Forum
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1