The Sufi Shreds

Author
Roflcopter
Max Output Level: -7.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6767
2008/05/20 09:24:05 (permalink)

The Sufi Shreds

Bit of a prank on the youtube vids by the same name. Kind of Middle East enters the Loudness Wars, or the Kasbah going definitely into heavier rhythms. Play loud.

(those guys take a minute to get into the groove, as usual, and then continue for 3 hrs. I cut them short after 3 minutes something, that'll teach them...

Not very serious, but a good test of how far I can push levels.

Top one in the link in my sig (under Music)

I'm a perfectionist, and perfect is a skinned knee.

3 Replies Related Threads

lhansen
    Max Output Level: -27.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4765
    RE: The Sufi Shreds 2008/05/20 09:41:30 (permalink)
    Now, this was enjoyble. Loved the blend of those percussive sounds. Hmmmm...you're giving me ideas here. It would have been a 'bonus' if you had embedded a vid of a dark-haired beauty belly dancer. Only for the purpose of a visual on the percussion tempo, mind you.

Slow Marching Band

Win 7 x64, Sonar X1E x64, Studio One v2, Focusrite Saffire 24 DSP Pro, Genelec 8030a, True Systems P-Solo, Focusrite ISA One, FMR RNP, GAP-73. 

"Someone to watch over me".
    foxwolfen
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8256
    RE: The Sufi Shreds 2008/05/20 12:20:39 (permalink)
    Very cool. An interesting use of a non-traditional instrument.

I like the look of the new page by the way, really tight.

Cheers
    Shad

A scientist knows more & more about less & less till he knows everything about nothing, while a philosopher knows less & less about more & more till he knows nothing about everything.

Composers Forum
    Roflcopter
    Max Output Level: -7.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6767
    RE: The Sufi Shreds 2008/05/20 13:17:09 (permalink)
    @Larry

Belly-dancer? Now you're giving *me* ideas for a little claymation video

The rhythm sortof grows on you, doesn't it? I should really put up the BMG as an influence, I don't think I know of anyone else who does stuff like this.

@Shad

That patch just happened to come out of nowhere while checking all my percussion-like patches in Absynth. I've been experimenting on my new monitors with all sorts of percussion crap, starting with a tight beat that does not get crowded out by anything, unless you lower its volume, and just trying out patches to match, making notes which are 'muddifying' and which aren't.

Yeah don't really have the time for the site yet - in a week or 2, 3 that will be different, and then a day or 3 of steady working of steady work on it and it will be more like it. Then over the summer create all sorts of content, like music, videos. I think can do quite a lot in 2 months, even though stop-motion and claymation can be time-consuming. Found a few real time-savers tho.

I'm a perfectionist, and perfect is a skinned knee.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1