DAW Specs

Author
Peter Rabbit
Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1305
2008/05/20 11:14:09 (permalink)

DAW Specs

This is the DAW that I have concluded would best fit my situation. I selected this company because:
1. Beagle gave them a nodd
2.They are contributing members in the Cakewalk forums
3. Other forum members gave their endorsements
4. Cakewalk endorses their machines
5. They seemed to give me the biggest bang for the buck compared to other companies specializing in DAW's

I tried my best to select all the right features and components. I haven't ordered it yet because I thought I would first post the specs here to see if anyone may notice something wrong that I may have missed or something that perhaps I should change before placing my order.

ADK Pro Audio
ADK Core Duo LE

Case: Antec-Solo, Steel construction
Case Bays: External – 3 x 5.25”, 1 x 3.5” Internal – 4 x 3.5”
Case Lining: Thin lining on some areas but nothing specialized
Feet: Rubber feet
Power Supply: Thermaltake – 550W 16DB 6 sata, 3 year warranty
Motherboard: P35, 8sata, TI Firewire, 6MB, 3 year warranty
Expansion slots: (2) PCIe x 16, (3) PCIe x 1, (2) PCI,
Ports: TI Firewire – 1 back and 1 rear, 6 Sata DD, USB 2.0 – 2 front and 8 rear, Network Internet Connection.
Processor/CPU: Intel Core2 Duo overclocked to 3.6G 1333 FSB
CPU Cooling: ADK Extreme silence CPU cooling. 17DB
Extra Cooling: Standard included
Memory slot #1: Super Talent – DDR2-800 1G/128x64 CL4 Memory PC 6400. Lifetime warranty.
Memory slot #2: Super Talent – DDR2-800 1G/128x64 CL4 Memory PC 6400. Lifetime warranty.
Memory slots 3 and 4: Empty
Hard Drive for OS & Programs: SEAGATE – 160G/7200 RPM 8meg Sata II Perpendicular
Hard Drive for Audio: SEAGATE – 500G/7200 RPM 32meg SataII Perpendicular ST3500320AS
Video: XFX – 8400GS 256MB Dual Head VGA/DVI fanless tv out
Optical Drive: LG Electronics – LG GSA-H55NK – 20X SecurDisk DVDRW 16x DVD and 48x CD. Write Speed: DVD+R 20x
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition OEM full version w/manual and keycode.
Other Software: Paragon Drive Backup 8.5 Personal Edition
Warranty: Standard 1 yr. Parts and Labor. Lifetime tech support.

This has been quite a learning experience and I found out that I'm not as educated about computers as I thought I was.
It's better for me to pay the extra money to have a professional build one for me than to attempt it myself, and I also like having lifetime tech support.
Thanks for checking out these specs.
Pete

"Creating a bad song takes just as much time and energy as creating a good one. The problem is that you don't know it's a bad song until someone tells you, and by then it's too late."
P. Rabbit

7 Replies Related Threads

Robomusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: DAW Specs 2008/05/20 11:20:36 (permalink)
    Man that thang outta do 4 maybe 5 tracks fer surer! Petey, that sounds like a rocket ship!

I'd Seize the day but i can't quite reach it!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=33477&T=1260
    Music Town
    Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    RE: DAW Specs 2008/05/20 11:22:25 (permalink)
    those specs look really good, Pete - what's the bottom line?

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    Peter Rabbit
    RE: DAW Specs 2008/05/20 11:42:02 (permalink)
    Thanks guys. I appreciate your input.
    My projects always seem to be running about 30 to 50 tracks at the same time. In addition I seem to like to play with effects plug-ins without having to bounce down all the time just so the computer can keep up. That's why I selected a more powerful set-up. There are certainly more powerful set-ups available but I think this one will suit me just fine.

Bottom line for this set-up is $1,473.00 which is very reasonable in comparrison to a lot of other companies for the same set-up.

I don't think I'll have to pay sales tax because I'm located in a different state than they are. And I think they also pay shipping but I'll have to ask to confirm that.

Oh yea...I'm just going to keep my Delta66 soundcard for now and for midi I'll either install that old IO midi/modem/soundcard or I'll use USB.
    Pete
    post edited by Peter Rabbit - 2008/05/20 12:04:11

"Creating a bad song takes just as much time and energy as creating a good one. The problem is that you don't know it's a bad song until someone tells you, and by then it's too late."
    P. Rabbit
    JD1813
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 813
    RE: DAW Specs 2008/05/20 12:18:28 (permalink)
    Well Pete, I looked it all over very closely, and I can only see one pretty major problem. You're gonna be in the middle of a huge project, mixing down a dozen tracks of over-synthed audio, reach for a cup of coffee, and before you get to take a sip it's gonna be yellin' at ya to hurry up and press the "ok" or "finished" button. It's gonna be annoying man, I'm tellin' ya. Me, I relate more to the Slowskies on the Comcast commercials.... gotta relax and enjoy life in the slow lane more...... HeHe

-John  *Acer Notebook Win7 Pro-x64 /Edirol USB UA-4FX/SP B1 Mic/Sonar PE X2a; Alesis QS-7 & Ovation 12-String.  Site: www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=1007877

Technology drives me to drink. Fortunately, it's a short drive..
    gamblerschoice
    Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3226
    RE: DAW Specs 2008/05/20 12:37:54 (permalink)
    The only thing missing is your address and vacation schedule...
    Actually, I'm planning a little time off around the fourth of july, so maybe you could plan a trip out of town around that same time, I'll just drive by your house, ya know, keep an eye on things for ya...
    That is gonna be a sweet set up.
    Later
    Albert

http://www.showcaseyourmusic.com/lothlorienfantasy
    http://www.gamblerschoice.us/

He's a walking contradiction,
    partly truth and partly fiction, takin' every wrong direction on that
    lonesome road back home.
    Peter Rabbit
    RE: DAW Specs 2008/05/20 16:06:54 (permalink)

Thanks to all for your responses. It really is huge help.
    It sounds as though everyone's in agreement so I guess I'll go ahead and place my order.

Oh...and Albert...I would tell you when I am going on vacation but unfortunately there's no money left for a vacation after purchasing this DAW.

Thanks again to all.
    Pete

P. Rabbit
    alkie
    Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2706
    RE: DAW Specs 2008/05/20 18:13:11 (permalink)
    well pete it looks good but i`d change 3 things not that you have to but just my opinion instead of the antec solo case , I`d get the antec designer 500 its a little better silence wise 2. go with a quad core your just going to end up wanting 4 rather than 2 (what man doesn`t)LoL and 3rd make sure the optical drive has lightscribe . no matter what it`ll be a nice change for you.

Whoa.... to you ...oh...earth and sea...
    for the devil sends the beast with wrath.....
    because he knows the time is short.....
    let him who hath understanding.....
    reckon the number of the beast.....
    for it is a human number...
    it`s number is.....

So if JESUS rose from the DEAD
    Does that mean he`s the ORIGINAL ZOMBIE?
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1