problem exporting audio

Author
adriane ohno
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 23
2008/05/21 18:58:14 (permalink)

problem exporting audio

hello everyone,

i have returned-had surgery a few weeks ago and progressing as expected. just got back to the program recently. i am still a newbie! today i did the insert soft synth tutoroal again, went ok til i got to the end. i converted to audio, then when i get to the exporting audio part, nothing happens. i get the dialogue box as noted, checked all settings/options, and when i hit export - nothing happens- the screen blips a second, but the diaogue box doesn't go away, and no file is saved anywhere. any ideas? this is just frustrating....

thanks,
A.

Sonar X2 Studio,  Gigabyte laptop (i7 quad-core 2.30 Ghz, 16 gb ram, Win 7 - 64-bit, 128 gb SSD primary drive, 750 gb hybrid drive, Invidia Geforce GTX 2 gb video card, 2 extra exhaust ports (really!), M-Audio Black Box usb audio interface, Akai MPK laptop production keyboard, M-Audio Oxygen 8 keyboard, Alesis SR16 drum machine,Roland Octopad, Casio RZ1 drum machine,various analog Casio & Roland synths,  various guitars & basses.

3 Replies Related Threads

Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    RE: problem exporting audio 2008/05/21 19:00:34 (permalink)
    make sure you have both the MIDI tracks and the DX OUTPUT tracks highlighted before clicing on EXPORT>AUDIO.

you can do that easily by clicking on any track to highlight it, then hit CTRL-A on the keyboard to select ALL of them.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    gamblerschoice
    Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3226
    RE: problem exporting audio 2008/05/21 23:55:44 (permalink)
    What Beagle said, you have to have the tracks you want to export highlighted.
    Later
    Albert

http://www.showcaseyourmusic.com/lothlorienfantasy
    http://www.gamblerschoice.us/

He's a walking contradiction,
    partly truth and partly fiction, takin' every wrong direction on that
    lonesome road back home.
    Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    RE: problem exporting audio 2008/05/22 07:54:17 (permalink)
    Also...I have a window that pops up...when I click the export audio and have the tracks highlighted....BTW...if you miss a track or have it muted, it won't be in the final export...

In the window that pops up, you select the final destination for your wave file. There is a small window tab marked presets. click it and several more options appear. Select "What you hear" and the file will be exported just like you hear it on playback.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1