Way over my head.

Author
Mikeyondadrums
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 11
2008/05/22 00:37:30 (permalink)

Way over my head.

Ok well I just got Sonar home studio 6xl for my birthday today. My last software to record with was guitar tracks 2.0..so you could say it's been a while. I watched the videos on youtube and they really didn't help me all that much, same with the videos that came with the installation cds. I'm not looking to do much but if you guys could help at all, that would be awesome.

I really just want to record guitar right now, and I'm going to be using my acoustic/electric. Are there any effects that I can put on my tracks pre/post recording? Just some distortion or anything. If so...how do I do that?

On the session drummer 2...is there any way to take the beat from just the kick and transport it to the track? I've tried draggin the picture to the track but that doesn't work.

The synth track...do I need a module or keyboard for this? Is there anything I can use in the software to make sounds such as session drummer can do for drums?

Any help would be appreciated. Also if you guys know of any place with some detailed tutorials, I'd love to find them.

Thanks in advance for reading and helping out a new member.

3 Replies Related Threads

kayehl
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 846
    RE: Way over my head. 2008/05/22 03:07:02 (permalink)

There's a series of tutorials in the help section, they will get you up to speed

There's a whole suite of plug in effects that you can put in the FX bin for the track, amp sim, EQ, compression, everything.

Don't know if you can do that with a session drummer beat, but the piano roll has the pattern brush you can write beats with.

Use the insert softsynth menu to set up a synth & midi track, you have to have both, i think that's tutorial number eight.

TTS1, drop zone, & groove synth have drums in them, garritan has orchestral percussion.

I am not an expert
    dappa1
    Max Output Level: -46 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2949
    RE: Way over my head. 2008/05/22 08:35:04 (permalink)
    drop zone very underestimated but also very good Roland groove synth I do prefer over TTS 1
    Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    RE: Way over my head. 2008/05/22 11:56:46 (permalink)
    mike, this might be of use to watch for a start regarding session drummer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VpzlysXQzE

the synth rack is for vst-i / directx / rewire instruments .. if you use the + .. you will see a list of the possible ones you can use
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1