Anyone here have a Alesis QS8.2 or HD8?

Author
bobby
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 70
2008/05/23 01:27:26 (permalink)

Anyone here have a Alesis QS8.2 or HD8?

Hi all my old Casio that i used for years as a midi controller finally died :( But it served it self well over the years and i learn alot on it. I see now you can buy a new qs8.2 for 699.00 I have heard so many horror story's about them i don't know if i should buy it or not. Some they are extremely unreliable. And when they have had to contact customer support it was a nightmare. And the fact they dont make these anymore makes me nervous as well. But I dont have 1500 or 3000 to spend on a new keyboard. I thought the 8.2 would be a great keyboard to gig with every now and then and work as a great midi controller. So should i just up and by it or is it to risky?

for those that of you that have it, can you tell me how well you got on with it? How was the sound quality? How did it work for you as a controller, how was it live? did it ever break down? How did it workin SONAR were there def files for it? If anybody can chime in that would be great.

Lastly woudl it be better to just spend a couple hundred more and get the fushion hd 8? The reason why i was against the hd8 was i have sonar so i don't need to sample or record on to the keyboard.

Thanks in advance for your help

1 Reply Related Threads

lespaulman35
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 467
    RE: Anyone here have a Alesis QS8.2 or HD8? 2008/05/23 02:38:01 (permalink)
    Hello,
    I'm not really a keyboard player and I've heard alot of people knock the QS. I own a QS8.2. It feels pretty good. Not exactly weighted hammer action but its okay. I bought a new 3 tier keyboard rack. I put the QS on the top rack. That piece of crap rack has collapsed 3 times and dropped my poor keyboard in the floor.(Proline. Very solid lower stand, the tiers collapse. Should be called ****line!) It (the keyboard) has a little scar from the fall but that thing hasn't missed a beat yet. I think the QS is known for having a brite sound. Some people don't like this. Some love it. It is known for cutting thru a guitar heavy mix. Some of the sounds in the QS aren't so great. Most are okay. It works as a midi controller, but only has 4 effect sliders. I bought an M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 for the all the knobs and sliders. It is expandable thru Q-cards or you can get a ram card. The 8.2 only has one PCMCIA expansion slot. Find an older 8.1 and you will get 2. The 8.2 is supposed to have a better sounding output or something. I don't remember exactly what all the differences are and I'm not at home right now so I can't look them up. Bottom line - for my money the 8.2 has been a great keyboard. Very solid.(Also very heavy) I've been happy with it.

Gateway GT5228 AMD Athlon 64X2 Processor 4200+ 250 GB Sata II WD Raptor 150 GB Sata II 2048 MB DDR2 Microsoft XP Professional Delta1010LT Audiophile 192 Sonar Producer 8
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1