Audio interface

Author
lost tears music
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 72
2008/05/23 11:34:24 (permalink)

Audio interface

Hello!!!

I have a Roland VS 880 digital workstation. I have never used it for recording into its hard drive even if it has all you need to record. I use it as a control surface for sonar connected with a midi interface.

I got a question: Does anybody know if it is possible to connect intruments to its inputs and then while recording in sonar it will record the different inputs in different tracks automaticly?
The VS-880 has digital in and digital out. I dont have an audio interface. I connect my intruments to a simple mixer (features: AUX SEND, CTRL ROOM OUT, MAIN OUT, REC OUT, TK OUT) and from the MAIN OUT of the mixer directly to the pc input.

Thanks!!

1 Reply Related Threads

ohhey
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11676
    RE: Audio interface 2008/05/23 20:00:14 (permalink)
    No, It just has a few outs and none are more then two channel. You might be able to get two out to a sound card and use it as a processor but that's about it. Your best bet might be to do one at a time and use the AUX SEND to get the sound out of the VS880 and connect that to one input on your sound card.

As far as automatically being on different tracks, no. You would have to add tracks and pick the sound card input you have connected to the VS880 output.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1