importing instruments into the expanded track and arming

Author
micaofboca
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 39
2008/05/27 02:03:03 (permalink)

importing instruments into the expanded track and arming

Forgive my inexperience as I'm just getting started out of the box, but I need to know how to import my Midi instruments (that I've defined) out of the "Define Instruments and Names" window and into Sonar so that I can read them in the Track view and arm them for Midi recording. I've assigned instrument definitions to all of my Yamaha MOTIF ES voices so they're properly delineated under the "Patch Names" folder on the right half of the Define Instruments and Names window, and given 0-127 assignments. Ok so far. What next? How do I get them out of that window, into Sonar's left side of the Track View where it says Midi (or Audio). My Edirol FA-66 sound card is entered properly underneath where it says Midi, so my outputs and inputs are cool. I just need to access my Motif's (and next, my Kontact 3's) Midi instruments and arm them to Record, by clicking the red 'R' button. I assume that IS the area where it would read out the name of the Midi instrument, or at least read out the source of the instrument. Excuse my ignorance, but I can't find this info out from the manual or Scott G's book, and it seems so basic if you could just spell it out for me so I can start sequencing.

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1