Adobe Audition 1.5 and Sonar

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
thorne
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 468
RE: Adobe Audition 1.5 and Sonar 2004/06/05 09:55:00 (permalink)
Ah now I remember why I stopped using Audition for multitrack recording. The pre-mix-while-playing feature kept getting overloaded because of all my effects and I got to a point where I couldn't play my songs. I turned off the pre-mix feature, but then it took SOooo long for Audition to pre-mix the entire song just so I could hear it. Sonar 3 has better adjustments. Thorne
Mitch_I
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 212
RE: Adobe Audition 1.5 and Sonar 2004/06/05 11:15:18 (permalink)
Back on the topic of Sonar's Tools menu. After I upgraded Audition from 1.0 to 1.5, I found that the Audition entry in the Tools menu hadn't changed and still opened 1.0. So I found the registry entry --

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Tools Menu\Audition

-- and updated two keys from 1.0 to 1.5. Restart Sonar and it's done.

Mitch I.
jduuuub03
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
RE: Adobe Audition 1.5 and Sonar 2005/06/04 00:20:10 (permalink)
hey wondering any tips u could tell me about recording, like making it sound good, i have audition 1.5
jduuuub03
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
RE: Adobe Audition 1.5 and Sonar 2005/06/04 00:24:16 (permalink)
i use audition 1.5 i cant get it to record in both ears or play w.out mixing it to a mono file any suggestions.
Phrauge
Max Output Level: -19.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5562
RE: Adobe Audition 1.5 and Sonar 2005/06/04 00:29:12 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: jduuuub03

i use audition 1.5 i cant get it to record in both ears or play w.out mixing it to a mono file any suggestions.

Maybe you should ask this question at the Adobe Audition Forum, as this has nothing to do with Sonar.
bmxplosive
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 369
RE: Adobe Audition 1.5 and Sonar 2005/06/04 03:21:53 (permalink)
Just to chime in a few words here...

ORIGINAL: ba_midi

Make sure you have the "Share Audio drivers" checked in Sonar's OPTIONS.

I do NOT have this option checked and mine works fine using Audition as a wav editor. I think it has more to with what bubblefish said with making sure Audition is selected as a "Wav editor" instead of "Generic" within SonarUtils.

One thing I haven't seen anyone mention is Audition's noise reduction. To me, this is AMAZING! I use it on almost all my acoustic tracks to get a super clean signal. You just highlight a section of the clip before the playing has occurred (where there is just noise floor noise) and choose "Capture profile" within the noise reduction plug...then highlight the whole track and run the regular noise reduction plug. It filters out all that super low noise and hasn't left me with a crap track yet (by crap track I mean the plug taking away so much that it makes the track sound unnatural).

In my experience with the pitch correction plug, it hasn't been very useful at all. I read where someone said it works very well but makes the edited part sound unnatural. I'm not sure what they meant, but to me, making it sound unnatural means it doesn't work very well (for what I use pitch correction for). I use Melodyne Cre8 for editing vocal pitches and stuff, and it is superb (Another $310 though, or around $250 academic). Melodyne Uno (Melodyne limited to editing one track at a time, mono tracks only I believe) was set to come out in May, but I'm not sure if it did. It is listed to be around $160 when it does come out.

Cheers,

Swaff
losguy
Max Output Level: -20 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5506
RE: Adobe Audition 1.5 and Sonar 2005/06/04 17:15:18 (permalink)
I want tp echo and add to what others have said about Adobe Audition:

Yes, SONAR is a much better multitrack tool. Audition began as Syntrillium CoolEdit, one of the best little wave editors ever made (I was a Syntrillium Beta Tester, BTW). Adobe needed a good audio editor to fill a hole in their production suite, and so acquired Syntrillium. I was a little worried for awhile, since CoolEdit was so cool. When they came out with Audition, I was delighted to see that they not only kept pretty much all of the old functionality & look & feel, but they added to it quite substantially & naturally. I found a deal on v1.5 and sprung for it, and I am for the most part very happy with it.

Yes, the pitch correction works, and the manual mode user interface is great, but unfortunately it does not sound "natural". In particular, it does not perform a formant analysis on the sound like Melodyne, Antares, and VoiceTweaker do. If it did (Adobe... are you listening?) I wouldn't need to even look at any of those other products.

Psalm 30:12
All pure waves converge at the Origin
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1