JamzOr - Operating Room Recommendation

Author
spindlebox
Max Output Level: -49 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2645
2008/06/12 07:59:17 (permalink)

JamzOr - Operating Room Recommendation

As some of you know I've been finalizing my first CD in some years, and what an education it has been. I want to start this first by saying a sincere Thank You to everyone who lent their ears, expertise and constructive critisizms to help me bring this thing to fruition. I thanked the Cakewalk forum in general on the artwork, and I wish I had room to thank some of you individually, but that will have to do.

ON POINT

I couldn't have picked a better mastering house. Not only was the price reasonable, but Jamz' attention to detail and intuition is not advertised on his website. I would definitely recommend his service and use it again. Why?

I was given the advice and opportunity to clear some errent things up on some of my songs, and I am much happier now with them than I would have been, had Jamz not taken the time to make his suggestions. This was also done with the potential of delaying the project, but he always left it up to me. Fortunately I took his advice.

Also important is that he listens to suggestions and incorporates them without complaint. He understands that as the customer, they have to live with what happens. Although aside from fades and spacing suggestions, there really wasn't much for me to comment upon.

Aside from a hardware malfunction on his end, which he has duly fixed, this project went off well and was delivered on time. Any errors from either of our ends, I know, will never happen again - and in the overall scheme of things, were minimal because they were fixable. The masters originally were delivered faulty, but they were fixed quickly and overnighted to be received within 2 days of the original mistakes.

Billing was seamless using PayPal. His delivered product looked and sounded extremely professional, was complete and thorough, and was delivered unscathed.

CONCLUSION:

If you want a professional sounding project, with industry level product, Jamz is the guy to contact.
His site is: http://www.jamzor.com

Thanks Jamz!!!

post edited by spindlebox - 2008/06/12 08:21:53

6 Replies Related Threads

foxwolfen
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8256
    RE: JamzOr - Operating Room Recommendation 2008/06/12 08:43:37 (permalink)
    Hey, ducky has a track there!

To bad he advertised "LOUDER". I must admit, I am in the camp of "More Dynamic RANGE", not louder.

However I am sure he did a fine job with your music, and I wish you the best with your shinny new CD.

Cheers
    Shad

A scientist knows more & more about less & less till he knows everything about nothing, while a philosopher knows less & less about more & more till he knows nothing about everything.

Composers Forum
    spindlebox
    RE: JamzOr - Operating Room Recommendation 2008/06/12 09:53:34 (permalink)
    To bad he advertised "LOUDER". I must admit, I am in the camp of "More Dynamic RANGE", not louder.

I got the best of both worlds.

Unfortunately, your buying public (if that's what you intend to do with your music) will dictate if LOUDER or DYNAMIC RANGE is better. Most people don't know the difference. It's OK to be in the camp of Dynamic Range, just expect to be roasting weiners rather than steak.
    post edited by spindlebox - 2008/06/12 16:15:11

Spaceduck
    Max Output Level: -50.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2499
    RE: JamzOr - Operating Room Recommendation 2008/06/12 11:17:37 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: foxwolfen

Hey, ducky has a track there!

However I am sure he did a fine job with your music, and I wish you the best with your shinny new CD.

Cheers
    Shad

Dang I'm famous! Yeah, jamz did an excellent job on that (you should've heard how wimpy it was beforehand).

I'd love to take the moral/philosophical high road and say dynamic range is more important... but... aw heck who am I kidding. These days youneed to blast some eardrums before you can get anyone's interest. Like Spindle says, the buying public dictates the final product. I guess we artists can keep an unsquashed copy if we want the "true" work of art for ourselves.
    fixerman
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 386
    RE: JamzOr - Operating Room Recommendation 2008/06/12 12:10:01 (permalink)
    Yes I second that vote for Jamzor. He totally did a fabulous job on the CD, as I knew he would. My hats off to you Jamz!!!

This is the guy you want for your projects!

MCPro24 , Sonar 4.0.4 Studio, HP Compac Presario laptop ,Widows Vista - 32 bit O.S, Conexant Hi-Def Smart Audio , Tascam US-122 ,  2 gig ram , 200 gig hard drive ,Intel Pentium Dual core. 

http://members.soundclick.com/Fixerman

spindlebox
    RE: JamzOr - Operating Room Recommendation 2008/06/14 02:56:39 (permalink)
    bump

Jamz0r
    Max Output Level: -58 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1725
    RE: JamzOr - Operating Room Recommendation 2008/06/17 01:11:46 (permalink)
    Hey, thanks Scott!

Congrats on the CD man!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1