Hey, we're all Indies for the most part?

Author
Mike Kohlgraf
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 344
2008/06/13 14:13:17 (permalink)

Hey, we're all Indies for the most part?

Right or wrong?

In any event, I am an Independent Artist. Even more so, I am a supporter if Independent Artists and do an Internet Radio show every Saturday from 8pm until at LEAST midnight (that's USA Eastern Time), presenting the great music by Indies from all over the world - literally!

My show is called "Saturday Night Rocks" - SNR, for short.

You can listen to the show here: iMS Radio

Last weekend, I started a new featire where I give an artist the spotlight, so to speak. I call it "iMS Radio Center Stage Presentation". This is a segment I "air" about half way through the show and gives the artist the opportunity to tell the listeners a little bit about themselves and they can select the tunes they want me to play to represent their music. It's a cool event and the artists as well as listeners (lots of them join the LIVE chat during the show) LOVE it!

This weeks featured artist is introduced here and goes by the name of Kephas

Please, join in. It's all about us Indies and nothing else!

Cheers,
Mike
post edited by Mike Kohlgraf - 2008/06/13 14:40:38

Mixposure *SoundClick * ATTENTION: Listen to my Radio shows on Mix Radio every Saturday starting at 7 pm ET/USA www.Mixposure.com

24 Replies Related Threads

foxwolfen
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8256
    RE: Hey, we're all Indies for the most part? 2008/06/13 14:37:04 (permalink)
    Do you mean "join in to listen to your show" (which helps you) or "join in and I will give you exposure" (which helps us). If you are offering to spotlight those of us here in the CW forums, then good job, and I would be happy to listen and participate.

If not...

A scientist knows more & more about less & less till he knows everything about nothing, while a philosopher knows less & less about more & more till he knows nothing about everything.

Composers Forum
    Mike Kohlgraf
    RE: Hey, we're all Indies for the most part? 2008/06/13 14:44:40 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: foxwolfen

Do you mean "join in to listen to your show" (which helps you) or "join in and I will give you exposure" (which helps us). If you are offering to spotlight those of us here in the CW forums, then good job, and I would be happy to listen and participate.

If not...

Well, how about listening in to see if you like what I do. Then, if you decide it would be good exposure for you, I'll give you more details?

And as far as "which helps you" - no. I am not being compensated in any way for doing this. So, lets clear that up really fast. I am doing this show for the love of Indie music and nothing else! :)

Cheers,
    Mike

Mixposure *SoundClick * ATTENTION: Listen to my Radio shows on Mix Radio every Saturday starting at 7 pm ET/USA www.Mixposure.com
    Mike Kohlgraf
    RE: Hey, we're all Indies for the most part? 2008/06/13 14:47:08 (permalink)
    AND another thing ... NO, it doesn't COST anyone a dime!

tdye
    Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1926
    RE: Hey, we're all Indies for the most part? 2008/06/13 14:59:15 (permalink)
    Shad, Mike tries to promote all genres of music for independent artists and has set up numerous stations on soundclick too, even included a few of my original works on his stations. Give him a listen. He's a good guy with a good heart and a good ear.

Mike, thanks for letting us know about your station. I love to listen to original independent artist's music and will definitely check out your broadcast.

Tom
    http://www.soundclick.com/tomdye
    http://www.ourstage.com/profile/tomdye
    http://twitter.com/tom_dye

Dell Dimension 8400 Pentium 4 w/HyperThreading 3.2GHz, 3 GB Ram, Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS (WDM)
    Sonar 8 Producer Edition, Rapture, Project5
    Mike Kohlgraf
    RE: Hey, we're all Indies for the most part? 2008/06/13 15:02:10 (permalink)
    Thanks a bunch, Tom! How have you been, my friend??? Hope, you are well. And I do appreciate the kind words.

Mike

foxwolfen
    RE: Hey, we're all Indies for the most part? 2008/06/13 15:03:44 (permalink)
    Sorry, I was not suggesting that you were making money or it would cost us anything. I know there is no money in internet radio. Not my point at all.

I was wondering if your show was going to support us here in the song forum as a fellow cakewalker. There are some remarkably talented artists here who could benefit from the exposure (I am not talking about me - I am not in the same league as most here and would likely kill your show right quick ).

I guess if you had said: "hey fellow cakewalkers, I have this new indie show, and I would like to have some of you on it." well, that would have been really cool. But it just kinda struck me that you were advertising yourself here in our forum. I am not tying to dis you, and I am sure your show is great, but this forum is about us supporting each other IMO. Maybe I am wrong, I dunno.

A scientist knows more & more about less & less till he knows everything about nothing, while a philosopher knows less & less about more & more till he knows nothing about everything.

Composers Forum
    Randy P
    Max Output Level: -44.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3070
    RE: Hey, we're all Indies for the most part? 2008/06/13 15:09:58 (permalink)
    Your a little off the mark on this one Shad. These guys were/are Cakewalkers for quite awhile now.

Randy

http://www.soundclick.com/riprorenband

The music biz is a cruel and shallow money trench,a plastic hallway where thieves & pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side. Hunter S. Thompson
    spindlebox
    Max Output Level: -49 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2645
    RE: Hey, we're all Indies for the most part? 2008/06/13 15:15:42 (permalink)
    Hey Mike, I'm interested in the exposure part. I've actually listened to your show before and like it. I've got stuff on rotation on Live 365 stations, and Unknown Radio as well. I believe there's a link in my signature if you want to check out my stuff, or you can go to: http://www.alicesweetalice.org

My e-mail is: scott@alicesweetalice.org

Thanks!
    Scott

Mike Kohlgraf
    RE: Hey, we're all Indies for the most part? 2008/06/13 15:16:12 (permalink)
    Hey Fox

Well, maybe I am not the greatest promoter in "writing", but, I am a member here because I am a Cakewalker myself (owning Sonar 6 and 7 PE). So, one would think that my support of those using Cakewalk's products would be a given. Then again, I often don't think the "politically correct" way, I suppose!

Bottom line is: I support Indie Artists with my shows (and otherwise), no matter where they are from or what they do as long as they are producing something that I think (and I DO have an ear for good music) should be shared with others. I go out of my way and spend most of my spare time giving Indies feedback (well, how about a Stations thread running on SoundClick for 4 years this September?). The gain for me is personal and selfsih, even simple: forget about mainstream. Indies produce MUCH better material than mainstream could ever hope for (well, at least in these days, anyway).

So, fellow Cakewalker, I am having FUN doing this and I want to share it. If some of you want to share your music via my show (if it's any good, that is), I'd be happy to support all of you!

How's that?

Mike

Mike Kohlgraf
    RE: Hey, we're all Indies for the most part? 2008/06/13 15:18:56 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: rsp@odyssey.net

Your a little off the mark on this one Shad. These guys were/are Cakewalkers for quite awhile now.

Randy

Thanks, Randy. Yes, it's true, but I just haven't had that much exposure here with a lot of noob questions. I try to figure everything out first, then cry out for help! LOL!

Mike

Mike Kohlgraf
    RE: Hey, we're all Indies for the most part? 2008/06/13 15:20:29 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: spindlebox

Hey Mike, I'm interested in the exposure part. I've actually listened to your show before and like it. I've got stuff on rotation on Live 365 stations, and Unknown Radio as well. I believe there's a link in my signature if you want to check out my stuff, or you can go to: http://www.alicesweetalice.org

My e-mail is: scott@alicesweetalice.org

Thanks!
    Scott

Hey Scott,

Wow, man! That's very cool that you are supporting Indies as well! Alice Sweet Alice ... hah! Guess what? I played your music on my last show, but could use a few more of your tunes!

Cheers,
    Mike

foxwolfen
    RE: Hey, we're all Indies for the most part? 2008/06/13 15:25:42 (permalink)
    I saw your join date and post count and jumped to the wrong conclusion it seems. I did not realize you were already known outside the forum. There was another fellow (Dazed) who also posted about a show, but has been a long time member, and I though you were "jumping on the bandwagon" too.

Sorry for causing any hard feelings.

Composers Forum
    lhansen
    Max Output Level: -27.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4765
    RE: Hey, we're all Indies for the most part? 2008/06/13 15:27:06 (permalink)
    Hey Mike.. Please feel free to download and grab any of the tunes in my links below if you feel that if might 'fit'. I'll be checkin' out you station and listening for the various artists & music that you're broadcasting!! Good man!!

Slow Marching Band

Win 7 x64, Sonar X1E x64, Studio One v2, Focusrite Saffire 24 DSP Pro, Genelec 8030a, True Systems P-Solo, Focusrite ISA One, FMR RNP, GAP-73. 

"Someone to watch over me".
    Mike Kohlgraf
    RE: Hey, we're all Indies for the most part? 2008/06/13 15:30:05 (permalink)

I saw your join date and post count and jumped to the wrong conclusion it seems. I did not realize you were already known outside the forum. There was another fellow (Dazed) who also posted about a show, but has been a long time member, and I though you were "jumping on the bandwagon" too.

No worries. I don't carry hard feelings, because they just stop me from doing what I love to do! LOL!!!

And that Dazed guy, he actually is on the same site. Imagine that! Anyway, we're buddies!

No hard feelings at all. I explained why I made the post. Would love if you checked out the show, though. If you think it's worthwhile, heck, why not be part of it? LOL!

Cheers,
    Mike

Mike Kohlgraf
    RE: Hey, we're all Indies for the most part? 2008/06/13 15:31:40 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: lhansen

Hey Mike.. Please feel free to download and grab any of the tunes in my links below if you feel that if might 'fit'. I'll be checkin' out you station and listening for the various artists & music that you're broadcasting!! Good man!!

Cool, man .. I will check your material for sure!!! And if you listen in, be prepared for my crazy German accent! LOL!

Thanks,
    Mike

Dazed
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 665
    RE: Hey, we're all Indies for the most part? 2008/06/13 20:31:05 (permalink)
    Never heard of this guy! :D

Mike has a great show guys and it is an honor to have him on iMS! I have never met anyone so interested in promoting artists!
    smaltonian
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 93
    RE: Hey, we're all Indies for the most part? 2008/06/13 21:12:15 (permalink)
    MIKE

Good to see you buddy............I sent you an e-mail...........

Steve Altonian
    robby
    Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5819
    RE: Hey, we're all Indies for the most part? 2008/06/13 23:40:21 (permalink)

Maybe he has "a brother :-)" LOL!

==================
    It is better to travel well than to arrive.

www.reverbnation.com/rockinrobby
    Mike Kohlgraf
    RE: Hey, we're all Indies for the most part? 2008/06/14 01:10:33 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: smaltonian

MIKE

Good to see you buddy............I sent you an e-mail...........

Steve Altonian

Got your email, Steve!!! great to see you here as well!

Mike

Mike Kohlgraf
    RE: Hey, we're all Indies for the most part? 2008/06/14 01:12:20 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: robby

Maybe he has "a brother :-)" LOL!

Who knows ... possibly a brother from another mother?? LOL!

robby
    Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5819
    RE: Hey, we're all Indies for the most part? 2008/06/14 01:34:18 (permalink)
    :-) yeah, sorry that was WAY inside!

==================
    It is better to travel well than to arrive.

www.reverbnation.com/rockinrobby
    spindlebox
    Max Output Level: -49 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2645
    RE: Hey, we're all Indies for the most part? 2008/06/14 03:14:39 (permalink)

Hey Scott,

Wow, man! That's very cool that you are supporting Indies as well! Alice Sweet Alice ... hah! Guess what? I played your music on my last show, but could use a few more of your tunes!

Cheers,
    Mike

Oh, man, I still and always will consider myself Indy. My label is a LARGE indy with international distribution, but it's still Indy nonetheless. I'd be lost without people like you doing the good work. Besides, I'd say 99.9999999% of the world, hasn't even heard of my little venture!!! I'm just getting started and always will need all the help I can get!

LOL, shows how much my head's been in my own little world lately if I missed that show! The clouds are just starting to clear now that I have finished product into the label. I'd love to send you some more stuff. Please PM me or e-mail to scott@alicesweetalice.org, and let me know where to send you some stuff. Perhaps I'll be able to send you a full CD when I get promos from my label; hopefully they'll send me enough!!!

Thanks for your support (x infinity!!)

Scott
    post edited by spindlebox - 2008/06/14 03:37:39

adrianplunkett
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 198
    RE: Hey, we're all Indies for the most part? 2008/06/14 11:57:25 (permalink)
    hi mike,

good for you. you're doing a great job. if you want to play any jonas and plunkett, send me a PM, or email (on our website).

our new album can be heard on our website:

http://www.jonasandplunkett.com

keep up the good work.

adrian
    MannyNY
    Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 732
    RE: Hey, we're all Indies for the most part? 2008/06/14 12:17:43 (permalink)
    If I was any more Indy, even I wouldn't know I existed.

Will check out the site for sure, Thanks
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1