shs and keyrig49

Author
sublimy99
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 205
2008/08/09 00:39:14 (permalink)

shs and keyrig49

ok, I bought keyrig49 to ad some strings and piano to my songs.
I have one song that I have added string too and now I want to add some piano to the same song
or others and I don't know what I did to get the strings to work but now I can't get anything to work'
or at least record.

If you have this product or something similar.
It's SHS studio instruments and keyrig 49 from m-audio to shs6

If you could give me the run down on how to record shs studio instruments to record everytime on shs6
using m audio keyrig 49 as the midi input. and I already no to use soft syth and add it as a plug in
but it still doesn't record after that.

So, if you could tell me, step by step how to proceed, that would be great,
thanks, Paul

5 Replies Related Threads

RobertB
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11256
    RE: shs and keyrig49 2008/08/11 21:09:26 (permalink)
    Paul,
    I just replied to your duplicate post above. We can continue here. What have you done so far? You may just be missing a step, and I don't want to duplicate a bunch of stuff that you have already done.

My Soundclick Page
    SONAR Professional, X3eStudio,W7 64bit, AMD Athlon IIx4 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 64bit, AKAI EIE Pro, Nektar Impact LX61,Alesis DM6,Alesis ControlPad,Yamaha MG10/2,Alesis M1Mk2 monitors,Samson Servo300,assorted guitars,Lava Lamp

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    sublimy99
    RE: shs and keyrig49 2008/08/12 00:23:15 (permalink)
    Ok, Robertb, I saw your post, I also saw tyhat you posted to a similar question
    but I didn't see the response to this.

I see the keyrig option box under midi options but like this other guy
    it says I have not chosen a midi device even though keyrig49 is checked.

I have gotten studio instruments to work but now I can't I wish I knew what I did.

You can start right at the very begining that would be fine.

I apprec iate the help!
    RobertB
    RE: shs and keyrig49 2008/08/14 20:52:12 (permalink)
    Sorry, Paul,
    Had some computer issues the past day or so.
    Do you have the Keyrig connected via USB or standard MIDI? If USB, it must be plugged in before you start SHS6.
    Does the message you see refer to MIDI out or MIDI in?
    Let's get your basic connections sorted, then we'll look at Studio Instruments.

My Soundclick Page
    SONAR Professional, X3eStudio,W7 64bit, AMD Athlon IIx4 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 64bit, AKAI EIE Pro, Nektar Impact LX61,Alesis DM6,Alesis ControlPad,Yamaha MG10/2,Alesis M1Mk2 monitors,Samson Servo300,assorted guitars,Lava Lamp

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    sublimy99
    RE: shs and keyrig49 2008/08/17 14:11:34 (permalink)
    Well, I've been away too and I read some advice given to someone else
    and it worked. I had to direct my shs6 to scan the keyrig plugin which was under stienberg, instead of keyrig.
    Which someone here directed someone else to do the same and I followed suit and tadah!!

Yes, it was Beagle who had come up with that!
    Thank you Sir Beagle, though not directed towards me, it helped me much!!

Now, I'm having a problem with a slight delay in the keyboard, just enough to slow my timing up.
    It doesn't happen when I'm just playing alone with the keyrig, but then I start shs6 and then there's a slight delay
    between me hitting the keys and the sound coming out.

Also, you said I could get a wealth of sounds out of keyrig and sh6.
    If you could give me some examples, one thing, or sound I'd like, is a reggae kind of organ sound.
    I know I'm kind of a pain, so, if nothing else, getting rid of the annoying delay would be enough.

Thanks again, ahead of time.

Paul
    RobertB
    RE: shs and keyrig49 2008/08/17 21:24:45 (permalink)
    Good deal. Beagle is a big help, and it's good to have him around.
    The delay has to do with your sound card. If you can post your specs, that would be great.
    If you are using the built-in sound card on your computer, the delay will probably be difficult to get rid of.
    If you have a better sound card, designed for recording, it should be a simple matter of adjusting the latency.
    SHS interacts with your sound card in a fairly complex way. Because it it capable of playback and recording at the same time, it is fairly demanding of your hardware. So tell us what you've got, CPU, RAM, sound card, and we will have a better idea of what you need to do.
    As to the wealth of sounds, it's not so much what comes with SHS and the keyrig, but what it gives you access to.
    Yes, there are some synths included, but you are not limited to these.
    SHS6 is your virtual studio. The keyrig gives you a way to actively control(play) any VSTi virtual instrument.
    There are thousands of VSTi's including synths, samplers, sound font players that you can use with your hardware/software.
    I don't have any ideas on what might be a good reggae organ, but someone else may have some thoughts for you.
    It is good to see that you are moving forward.

My Soundclick Page

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1