Cannot Split Wav File into individual Tracks!

Author
millerbz
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
2008/08/18 08:56:03 (permalink)

Cannot Split Wav File into individual Tracks!

I have used the marker in the Creator window, but when I go to save, it is still one big file. I do not see the option to "use marker as track indicator" option that was mentioned in previous "post". Please advise. Thank you!

Steve

Steve Miller

10 Replies Related Threads

Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    RE: Cannot Split Wav File into individual Tracks! 2008/08/18 11:56:42 (permalink)
    Steve.... highlight the track and then right click in it where you want to split it. In the box that opens you will see the option "split track" ....click on it and a window opens that has other details...click OK and the track is split at that point....

If the splitting is NOT initially adjustable other thaan on the measure line.....you will need to set the snap to grid resolution to a smaller number...I think it starts defaulted at whole note level (measures) ...but you can get it resolved to a very fine level so you can split where ever in the measure you need to split.

If the split is in the wrong place...you can choose edit..undo.
    post edited by Guitarhacker - 2008/08/18 12:23:03

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    millerbz
    RE: Cannot Split Wav File into individual Tracks! 2008/08/18 12:16:52 (permalink)
    I keep getting advice, but none of the explanations seem to make any sense to me. I just bought this software; is it possible that everything in this version has changed so that the terminology is different?

When you say "highlight the track", what do you mean? I have a 29 minute wav file that I converted from a reel to reel.....there are eight songs within this wave file with clear break points where I thought I could simply hit "split" and then save, but for some reason, it is incredibly complicated.

No one can explain to me what "Split at Now Time" means. I assumed it meant "split", but it doesn't seem to do anything. I can "mark" tracks and label them.....I can highlight sections and delete, but I can't seem to do the simplist, most basic thing which is split into tracks.

I am using the new Edirol R-09HR which seems to work flawlessly and it comes with this Cakewalk software so it shouldn't be hard, but I have been trying to do this for HOURS and I can't find any documentation to help me. Please help to deliver me from my pain. My day is nearly ruined and it's only 12:16pm on the east coast. Help!

Steve

Steve Miller
    Matthew Mirande [Cakewalk]
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 96
    RE: Cannot Split Wav File into individual Tracks! 2008/08/18 15:11:32 (permalink)
    Hi Steve -
    Sorry you are having trouble. I have updated my tutorial post with some more detail - hopefully this helps? Here's the link again:

How to split a long audio file into multiple files

Basically, the option you want ("Use Markers As Track Indicators") is on the bottom of the "Save As..." dialog. So, set your markers (be sure to name them!), then click "File > Save As... > WAV" and you should see the option I'm referring to (it's below where you enter the file's name).

I'll try to post a quick walk-thru graphic later on today.

Hope it helps!
    -matt

--
    Matthew Mirande
    Cakewalk Product Manager
    millerbz
    RE: Cannot Split Wav File into individual Tracks! 2008/08/18 18:19:39 (permalink)
    There is no "Use Markers As Track Indicators" anywhere! I have followed the step by step instructions and they absolutely do not work. The entire WAV file keeps getting saved even though I have put markers to split it into 8 different songs. This is driving me crazy! Please help!

Steve Miller
    Matthew Mirande [Cakewalk]
    • Total Posts : 96
    RE: Cannot Split Wav File into individual Tracks! 2008/08/19 13:58:15 (permalink)
    Hi again Steve -
    I've updated the tutorial post with a walk-thru graphic - check it out:

How to split a long audio file into multiple files

Walk-thru

Hope it helps!
    -matt.

--
    Matthew Mirande
    Cakewalk Product Manager
    x2000
    • Total Posts : 55
    RE: Cannot Split Wav File into individual Tracks! 2009/01/22 11:07:43 (permalink)
    Okay, I know this an old thread, but I'm thinking about buying Pyro Audio Creator and I have a question:

In the "walk-thru" GIF, Matt inserts track markers during silent parts of the file. What about splitting where there is no silence, i.e. continuous music? In SONAR Home Studio, that creates an ugly click or pop. Can you create a seamless track split in PAC during music, a la Pink Floyd, for example? I used to be able to do this with my hardware CD recorder, could I do it in Audio Creator? That's the whole reason I would want it!

TIA!
    Mike
    x2000
    RE: Cannot Split Wav File into individual Tracks! 2009/01/28 08:26:39 (permalink)
    Is there not one user here who can confirm or deny this?
    haas
    RE: Cannot Split Wav File into individual Tracks! 2009/01/29 08:51:44 (permalink)
    I have been trying for about a year to figure out how to Split tracks. I've had several email exchanges with tech support. The bottum line is, this product is GREAT for everything except splitting a recording into seperate tracks. It simply does not work. That's my opinion
    x2000
    RE: Cannot Split Wav File into individual Tracks! 2009/01/29 09:10:39 (permalink)
    Thanks so much for the info:) Then I'm definitely going to spend the extra cash and get CD Architect ($88 and free shipping at newegg.com). Just the lack of activity in this forum had pretty much made my mind up already. So many unanswered posts, that's never a good sign:/
    k4ro
    • Total Posts : 25
    Re: RE: Cannot Split Wav File into individual Tracks! 2013/03/27 13:12:39 (permalink)
    I just posted a similar question in a new thread. Has anyone ever found a solution to this problem?
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1