Sonar 6 project not opening in Sonar 7

Author
devoid2
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 28
2008/08/20 21:31:27 (permalink)

Sonar 6 project not opening in Sonar 7

Hi

This is serious to me, and exactly why I hate buying "upgrades". Sonar 7 is running fine, but my computer hangs when trying to load Sonar 6 projects. Not only that, but when I launch Sonar 6, the same thing now happens. I really don't want to un-install 7, but is that what it's going to take to reclaim my masterpieces? Or what? Help, please.

tia

devoid2

4 Replies Related Threads

CJaysMusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 30423
    RE: Sonar 6 project not opening in Sonar 7 2008/08/21 07:29:25 (permalink)
    I never had any problems openning sonar 6 project in sonar 7. Ive must have opened over 10 projects like that.
    Its hanging because its looking for something that is not there or is inanother folder locatrion.
    Is it hanging on the vst scan?? Did you uninstall sonar 6?? Have you disabled scan on start uo in sonar for your vst's.
    Is your sample rate and bit rates the same. Is your sound card defined in sonar.
    Your kinda vaigue here, so im touching on everything
    but is that what it's going to take to reclaim my masterpieces?

Its a known fact that you need to back up evey session and project. Have you tried your back up??
    Cj

www.audio-mastering-mixing.com - A Professional Worldwide Audio Mixing & Mastering Studio, Providing Online And Attended Sessions. We also do TV commercials, Radio spots & spoken word books
    Audio Blog
    CassidyGT
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 338
    RE: Sonar 6 project not opening in Sonar 7 2008/08/21 10:04:40 (permalink)
    I have had some strange problems recently also. I reloaded my machine and on some projects, created in S7, they will load to the point that the bar says 100% and then they hang. My faderport goes crazy also and the PC locks up. I have to go to task manaager to quit Sonar. I can open those projects if I 'safe load' them, and not load a couple of plugs - and it doesn't seem to matter which ones. Mind you these are not big projects with many plugs. So very weird stuff.

THAT JUST HAPPENED!!
    Ricky Bobby

devoid2
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 28
    RE: Sonar 6 project not opening in Sonar 7 2008/09/09 14:08:41 (permalink)
    Thanks for the help--I disabled scan VSTs on startup, but that didn't immediately fix the problem (it still crashed), but Sonar launches a whole lot quicker! I discovered "Safe Mode" which did the trick. Old plug-ins must have been the problem. Whew! Hooray for Safe Mode!

thanks again
    d'2
    inmazevo
    Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3276
    RE: Sonar 6 project not opening in Sonar 7 2008/09/09 14:22:21 (permalink)
    I had a set of Sonar 6 projects that made Sonar hang, for a time, when opening in version 7.
    If, while it was hanging, I interacted with the Sonar UI, it would crash.
    If, however, I walked away and came back 20 minutes later, the project opening had finally completed, and saving the projects from Sonar 7 eliminated the problem.

It took a while to diagnose the common thread to these projects, since it didn't happen with all of my Sonar 6 projects... just a few.
    Turns out that it only happened to Sonar 6 projects that had the Loop Explorer open. If I saved the same project in Sonar 6 without the loop explorer open, Sonar 7 wouldn't hang when opening said project.

Luckily, I only had a few projects to re-save in Sonar 6, or wait for opening and then saving in Sonar 7.

- zevo
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1