SOLVED: Galbanum Second Coming

Author
jamescfrank
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 48
2008/08/25 11:30:52 (permalink)

SOLVED: Galbanum Second Coming

hey, has anybody else bought/downloaded this Rapture Pack? for some reason the .exe file for Rapture (not LE) is not doing ANYTHING when i try to install. any advice?

edit: i downloaded the .zip into my Rapture program files, instead of into C:\Program Files; that was a mistake. make sure you download it into C:\Program Files so that the installer will work!
post edited by jamescfrank - 2008/08/25 16:31:24

Wet Dentist is DEAD

7 Replies Related Threads

GPD
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 72
    RE: SOLVED: Galbanum Second Coming 2008/08/25 17:25:58 (permalink)
    Thanks.

I would recomend that the installer zip is downloaded to the desktop, or downloads folder. Unzip the installer folder, and run the installer from this location. Windows XP (with newer service packs) and Vista may be specific about where applications are allowed to launch from. Keeping the installer on the desktop should solve this issue.

Let me know what you think of the sounds.

Andrew Souter
    Galbanum | sonic science aural allusion

www.galbanum.com
    dburns
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 323
    RE: SOLVED: Galbanum Second Coming 2008/08/25 20:53:32 (permalink)
    Mine didn't run when I unzipped it to a new folder. Bur when I ran the installer from within the ZIP, it worked fine.

I sent Galbanum a note.

I had a quick look at the set today. I like the prospect of playing with the stereo waveforms. Andrew has included a folder of "Raw Food," basic stereo waveforms ready-to-go for experimentation. And there are many other patches that demo the programming techniques available, but it will take me some time to grasp it all. (I'm working through Simon Cann's "Cakewalk Synthesizers" at the same time!).

Piscus had more presets and the best pads I've heard from any synth. Second Coming seems aimed more at providing some new tools for sound creation. Both sound great to me, and whett my appetite to get more and better sounds out of Rapture.

Dave Burns
    Lowell, MA
    More equipment than skill.
    GPD
    RE: SOLVED: Galbanum Second Coming 2008/08/25 21:32:38 (permalink)
    Quick notes...

Actually Second Coming has more presets: 400 vs 250.

"Raw Food" presets were originally going to be classified as bass-sounds. But then I figured there is no reason not to use them in higher registers as well, so why not give them their own class. They basically feature interesting stereo waveforms/timbres with no or very minimal processing. Sometimes, less is more, and you don't always want a preset like the "Super Model" Bass presets in which we have 24 modulation assignments, a ton of DSP, and a whole bunch of other dynamic things.... Sometimes you just want a pretty raw waveform. Sometimes it makes it that way the whole way to the master recording.... Sometimes the Raw sound is what you want. Other-times you may want something simple like this to feed into/through third party FX, etc etc.

Second Coming and Piscis are really about equal in terms of Presets vs content-design/tools. I want to appeal to everyone from novice to advanced user so I try to offer both.

Second Coming is highly targeted to dance music of various genres. Piscis, due mainly to the ubiquitous nature of pads, is perhaps more universal in usage. But Second Coming really excels at dance/electronic music stuff...

Andrew Souter

www.galbanum.com
    GPD
    RE: SOLVED: Galbanum Second Coming 2008/08/25 21:37:34 (permalink)
    FYI tomorrow I am going on vacation to the Adirondacks to do some hiking with my family. My father hopes to join the 46's club this trip, and I am about half way.

http://www.adk46r.org/
    http://www.adirondack.net/tour/hike/highpeaks.html

So my communications may be slower than normal until Sept 02/03.

Andrew Souter

www.galbanum.com
    GPD
    RE: SOLVED: Galbanum Second Coming 2008/08/26 13:46:22 (permalink)
    For whatever reason (I am not sure why at the moment), it seems the installer folder must be placed in /yourdrive/Program Files/

If the installer folder is placed there, the installer will run without any problems. If you try to run it from any other location, it may not launch. I suspect it has something to do with the new Windows security features.

So thankfully, I think I have a simple sollution: place the unzipped "Galbanum Second Coming Win Installer" folder directly in /Program Files/ and click on the .exe Everything should work fine.

I will explore more after my vacation, or at least once I arrive in NY late tonight, and see if I can't get rid of this requirement.

Also if anyone purchases Piscis directly from my server at the same time as this, please install Piscis first, since the Piscis content on my server does not yet have an installer, and you will want the Second Coming installer to handle the mentioned folder merging logic. (If you purchased Piscis from the Cakewalk store, this version already feautures an installer, and the installation order is not important.) I will update my Piscis .zip on my server to incluse an installer too during the first week of Sept to accomodaten new customers who purchase both directly from me.

Summary: Please install Piscis first, if you are just now purchasing this. Please place the unzipped "Galbanum Second Coming Win Installer" folder directly in /Program Files/ and click on the .exe Everything should work fine. After the install you may move/delete the ""Galbanum Second Coming Win Installer" as you wish.

Thanks. Let me know how it goes.

Andrew Souter

www.galbanum.com
    GPD
    RE: SOLVED: Galbanum Second Coming 2008/08/26 13:48:14 (permalink)
    Now i'm off to do this:

http://www.adirondackjourney.com/Santanoni_Range.htm

Looks fun! ;-)

Andrew Souter

www.galbanum.com
    AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    RE: SOLVED: Galbanum Second Coming 2008/08/26 14:27:59 (permalink)
    Have fun upstate. Looking forward to checking out the new soundssss .

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1