more registration code problems

Author
beethoven17
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 422
2008/08/28 14:54:07 (permalink)

more registration code problems

I finally weakened and bought Rapture on the August special offer. The price was too tempting - I should have remembered the problems I had when I upgraded Sonar via the Cakewalk Store.

I got the comfirmation email and download details ok and downloaded the installation file. But just as happened with the Sonar upgrade, the registration number I need has NOT appeared in My Account - so I can't install it.

I've been trying to email Customer Services using the webform...but whenever I fill in all the details and hit 'Submit', it says 'page not found'.

I even tried phoning, but spent so long on hold without reply that with the phone charges from the UK I'd soon be better off paying full retail price for Rapture!

So I've filled in an email form telling the webmaster that the customer service form isn't working (THAT email form WAS working, otherwise I really could have gone in circles for ever!)....and will now have to sit back and wait.

Sorry...just sounding off. It's so damn frustrating when a company can't get the purchase bit right.

andrew
Sonar 8.5 PE,  Saffire LE, Garritan Steinway & Orchestra, EZDummer, Rapture, Truepiano, no voice, little talent

22 Replies Related Threads

daveny5
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 16934
    RE: more registration code problems 2008/08/28 14:57:41 (permalink)
    Don't be so quick to blame Cakewalk. They probably sent it and your email client put it in the spam folder or blocked it. Normally when I order from Cakewalk I get the email within minutes of the submission. Make sure you have noreply@cakewalk.com in your contact list.
    post edited by daveny5 - 2008/08/28 15:00:31

Dave
    Computer: Intel i7, ASROCK H170M, 16GB/5TB+, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Sonar Platinum, TASCAM US-16x08, Cakewalk UM-3G MIDI I/F
    Instruments: SL-880 Keyboard controller, Korg 05R/W, Korg N1R, KORG Wavestation EX
    Axes: Fender Stratocaster, Line6 Variax 300, Ovation Acoustic, Takamine Nylon Acoustic, Behringer GX212 amp, Shure SM-58 mic, Rode NT1 condenser mic.
    Outboard: Mackie 1402-VLZ mixer, TC Helicon VoiceLive 2, Digitech Vocalist WS EX, PODXTLive, various stompboxes and stuff. 
    Controllers: Korg nanoKONTROL, Wacom Bamboo Touchpad
    beethoven17
    RE: more registration code problems 2008/08/28 15:02:49 (permalink)
    It's not supposed to be an email, Dave, though thanks for the thought.

According to the email I got:

"If your product requires a serial number and/or registration code those codes are now visible in your estore account"

...but it's not.

andrew
    Sonar 8.5 PE,  Saffire LE, Garritan Steinway & Orchestra, EZDummer, Rapture, Truepiano, no voice, little talent
    WDI
    Max Output Level: -54.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2069
    RE: more registration code problems 2008/08/28 15:12:21 (permalink)
    Just curious, did you call tech support or customer service? Maybe customer service would aswere more quickly.

Sonar 7 PE
    Windows XP Pofessional (SP3)
    MSI K8N Neo4-F
    AMD Athlon 64 3500+
    2 GB PC 3200 Ram
    RME Fireface 800
    Edirol FA-66
    CM Labs MotorMix

Old stuff: ARJO
    beethoven17
    RE: more registration code problems 2008/08/28 15:19:19 (permalink)
    Hi WDI. It was in fact Customer Service I was trying to call - that was the number was given in the email.

andrew
    WDI
    RE: more registration code problems 2008/08/28 15:23:37 (permalink)
    I've kinda been in your boat before, but I'm from the states so long distance charges are probably cheaper? But anyways I can relate to your frustration. Seems like if Cakewalk is really interested in over seas sales they would provide an 800 number or something. This will probably start a flame about keeping product cost down or something, but I'd be hesitant to buy any product over seas if customer support cost me a fortune.

I still love ya Cake!!!
    post edited by WDI - 2008/08/28 15:25:16

Sonar 7 PE
    MSI K8N Neo4-F
    AMD Athlon 64 3500+
    2 GB PC 3200 Ram
    RME Fireface 800
    Edirol FA-66
    CM Labs MotorMix

Fog
    • Total Posts : 12302
    RE: more registration code problems 2008/08/28 15:26:45 (permalink)
    beethoven17, you should hear something sooner than later, I made someone who is always on point aware of this (he's good like that) and will pass it on. So you'll hear back soon I'm sure.

calling isn't really an option unless ya use skype or a calling card etc.

post edited by Fog - 2008/08/28 15:28:45
    WDI
    RE: more registration code problems 2008/08/28 15:54:05 (permalink)
    Ok, you probably already tried this but, go to Cakewalk store online, Sign in and select My Registrations under "My Account" in the upper left corner. That's where it shows me my serial numbers.

Sonar 7 PE
    MSI K8N Neo4-F
    AMD Athlon 64 3500+
    2 GB PC 3200 Ram
    RME Fireface 800
    Edirol FA-66
    CM Labs MotorMix

mick the red
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4
    RE: more registration code problems 2008/08/28 16:13:41 (permalink)
    I am having terrible problems trying to upgrade to Sonar 7. I upgraded to Sonar 6 last year through the estore. After one month my serial number and registration number appeared on - my registrations - but sometime since have since vanished again. When I try to upgrade I am told I am not eligible, when I try to re-register I am told that they already have my details. I printed the details of my registration , thank God and I have sent them to Customer Support along with the a copy of the original shipping order complete with order number. I was told that my details would appear within 24 hours, they didn't. I live in London by the way and have waited sometimes on the phone for 20 mins without any success. I started wanting to save 30 pounds on an upgrade through the estore, but I am now just trying to get myself registered so I do not have to pay full price for Sonar 7. Its a great programme but if this is the way it is with Cakewalk I am going to have to look elsewhere. Has anyone else had similar problems and found solutions, especially in Europe?

mick the red
    SWANG
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 191
    RE: more registration code problems 2008/08/28 16:33:42 (permalink)
    i'm currently having a similar issue, but i must admit that i wasn't aware that the registration would not show up online until a month after i register the product. i called and purchased my sonar-7-studio-to-sonar-7-producer upgrade by phone. it would have been nice if the representative who took my order could have answered my question as to why i have no record of sonar 7 studio registration in my online account, but i guess that's why we have these forums.

more on this:
    http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=1471069
    post edited by SWANG - 2008/08/28 16:37:07
    epillarbox
    Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 634
    RE: more registration code problems 2008/08/28 17:12:06 (permalink)
    This is or used to be a problem predominantly for those of us outside the US. I seem to remember that you can achieve different results when going to my registrations if you enter a geographic location other than your own. So if you're in Europe, pretend you're in the US and see if that makes a difference. It shouldn't, of course, but it's worth a try, eh?

Laurence
    SWANG
    RE: more registration code problems 2008/08/28 21:53:20 (permalink)
    for the record, i'm in the u.s., but it appears i had purchased sonar 7 studio too recently for it to have appeared in my registrations. i was able to upgrade to producer by phone this afternoon. it took a long while for a rep to answer, but it was handled pretty quickly once they did.
    beethoven17
    RE: more registration code problems 2008/08/29 18:03:39 (permalink)
    Hey Fog, thanks for your help on this - much appreciated.

Customer Service were kind enough to email the numbers I needed to get everything running. Apparently there's some flaw in the records for my account that's causing the problems, and their IT people are trying to sort it out.

Just in case, I've been checking I've got several copies of the registration numbers for all my software...you never know when you might have to reinstall...

andrew
    Fog
    RE: more registration code problems 2008/08/29 18:49:37 (permalink)
    I have a list of my numbers at my sisters place also.. so yep it's a good idea , at the time you just wanna install the things and be done happens to all of us.. glad it's sorted.

Spav
    • Total Posts : 3
    RE: more registration code problems 2008/08/30 10:47:59 (permalink)
    I have just upgraded online to S7PE and did not get my serial number, the order is in my account the DVD is in my hand but no serial number, and yes the sonar emails are allowed through as I get the order confirmation, password change confirmation etc.... This is not the first time I have had these issues, previous uprade was problematic as well. Some of the web forms don't work, the UK was not even listed in one form I tried to use. Finally got an email to send off the web forms, I have jst spend over an hour trying to sort this sh*t out, it should not be this difficult!!!!
    mick the red
    RE: more registration code problems 2008/08/30 14:40:16 (permalink)
    Still no joy from Cakewalk about my registration problems. Have tried everything suggested by you good people out there. All I get is Thanks for contacting Cakewalk phone 888 Cakewalk. I live in London and have told them. So now I have phoned the States five or six times, on hold for 15/20 mins and have given up each time. Send an email, 2 days later recieve email - please phone customer support. This is driving me nuts. So folks buy from the estore. They lose your registration - you cannot upgrade - you spend a fortune phoning America - you have no customer support - yipee! A veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery frustrated mick the red.

mick the red
    Fog
    RE: more registration code problems 2008/08/30 15:49:22 (permalink)
    spav / mick , I'll point a person at cake to this thread , just a few things to mention.

Mick I'm a Londoner also, using skype / net phone etc or a calling card is far cheaper than BT.. a BIG difference, but yep I know it's a bit annoying since we are here , and they are on the other side of the pond.

I dunno if they will be in the office till Tuesday, as in the states it's Labor day (much like we have a bank holiday a few weeks back) , I'm guessing that's right and someone in the US can confirm that's is the case. Only saying , to save you some money in case you wanted to call.

yep I know both of you are errm "miffed" (clean version) at the moment. I'll be objective / honest, I was annoyed at one point when I started out etc, but they'll come good with things and went out of their way to, just the timing makes it part of the issue with the public holiday being one. I'm sure things your side will be sorted out your side also sooner than later.

I can't speak for them officially as I'm not an employee , just a sonar user (I don't even own the t-shirt, although a mug would be better)
    JonD
    Max Output Level: -39 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3617
    RE: more registration code problems 2008/08/30 15:57:55 (permalink)
    I truly share your pain. My registration is still messed up even after placing two phone calls to customer service that were supposedly referred to the IT dept (It's been over a year with no fixes or return calls/emails).

I love Sonar and do plan to upgrade to v.7 next week, so basically have resigned myself to getting this straightened out at that time. I'm in the states, so can at least wait out being on hold. I can only imagine how frustrated you guys overseas must be.

One would think that CW would want to sort out these registration "bugs" once and for all before the orders for Sonar 8 come pouring in. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

JD
    mick the red
    RE: more registration code problems 2008/09/05 17:23:02 (permalink)
    Hi mick the red here again. I have been struggling to get my registrations sorted out for two weeks and now I see that you have waited a year with still no result. I am really starting to despair. If anybody at Cakewalk everreads these forums my email is michaelconnolly@ticali.co.uk. I have sent you guys emails, I have phoned the USA from th UK with no answer. WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!. a PREVIOUSLY UPSET BUT NOW VERY PISSED OFF MICK THE RED.

mick the red
    Fog
    RE: more registration code problems 2008/09/05 17:51:05 (permalink)
    Mick , did you get any emails from cake? I mean you get a separate email when you registered right? do you even get newsletters from cakewalk?

it might be a case of the emails set as a spam? I dunno if you use say outlook with a spam filter. If so have a quick look to make sure they are on your allow list.

I'm sure you'll hear back from them on Monday, they keep office hours and well posting it when maybe they have left , they won't see this till Monday. When did you call also? I know they did training the other day but if you called you got a message saying that if you called, I read a message on another thread. see what happens monday and check your email then.

RaymondVanMelzen
    • Total Posts : 46
    RE: more registration code problems 2008/09/05 17:58:24 (permalink)
    It's the same story for me here in The Netherlands. After trying and registering Sonar LE I bought SPE7 from the Thomann Music Store. When I did the registrating thing on the Cakewalk website I received an activation code by mail, but the registration never showed up on my store account. Customer Support mailed me that there was a problem in the database that prevented it from showing up and they would pass the problem to the webmaster. It however seems to be a very difficult problem or the webmaster is on a long holiday...

http://www.ma-china.nl/
    http://www.vanmelzen.com/

Sonar Platinum 64 bit / Studio One 3 Pro

DAWRACK I-X299, Windows 10 64 bit 
    Intel i7-7820X 4.3 GHz, 32 Gb RAM
    ESI esp1010e 
    Novation REMOTE SL61
    Yamaha S-30
    mick the red
    RE: more registration code problems 2008/09/08 14:02:47 (permalink)
    Mick the red here again. Still no result about trying to upgrade. Cake walk have emailed me and told me that my registrations are in order and to go ahead and upgrade. I am then told by the estore that I am not eligible. I have been trying to upgrade now for 3 weeks with no joy and if I go to a store they will tell me the same thing so I am at the mercy of people who just do not seem to give a ****. Do any people who work for CW read these forums????? a very pissed off mick the red.

mick the red
    SWANG
    RE: more registration code problems 2008/09/08 19:55:07 (permalink)
    if your situation is anything like mine, you'll have to upgrade by phone and wait for them to snail mail it to you. try to explain your situation to the rep that answers and see if there's any recourse for the amount of trouble you've already gone to.

a sad situation indeed...
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1