OPPOSITE OF LATENCY???

Author
OjaySmith
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 36
2008/08/30 14:09:33 (permalink)

OPPOSITE OF LATENCY???

When recording midi, I seem to be having a problem that seems like the opposite of latency. My understanding of latency is it records late. But when I hit a key, then play it back, it showing as actually recording ticks before the place that I intended to record it. So my timing is off. This problem is new. I tried looking to see if Snap-To-Grid was on in any of the views. It was only on in Tempo view, and won't turn off there. Even when I am able to turn it off temporarily in Tempo View, what recorded still comes in at in earlier place than I hit the note.

My set up is Dell Dimension 3000, Windows XP, Creative Sound Blaster PC1521 sound card, Roland XP 30, Behringer Eurorack MX 1804X. Buffers In Playback Queue is set at 4. Buffer Size 100msec and Use Wave Out Position For Timing is unchecked. I appreciate your help.

1 Reply Related Threads

larrymcg
    Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1310
    RE: OPPOSITE OF LATENCY??? 2008/09/29 11:48:41 (permalink)
    I'd suggest selecting Wave Out For Timing and also Wavepipe Acceleration (on the Advanced tab of Options>Audio...).

What are you looking at to decide that "it showing as actually recording ticks before the place that I intended to record it" ?

Are you having ProAudio play a metronome click? What is the source of the click sound?

--Larry

Intel Core i7-4790 @3.6GHz; 8GB; Win10 Pro 64bit; 1TB disk + 3TB ext disk; Midiman Fineline mixer; MidiSport 4x4 midi I/F; Roland JV-30 kbd/synth; Yamaha TG55 synth; Rx with 3 piece Home audio speakers; Sonar X3e Studio
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1