Dimension Pro Upgrade

Author
ja2359
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 22
2008/09/02 20:54:48 (permalink)

Dimension Pro Upgrade

Hi everyone, I'm kinda new around here. I have a couple questions about upgrading to Dimension Pro from Dimension LE.

First, everywhere I've looked I have seen that Dimension Pro is advertised as coming with two DVDs. Mine only came with one. This is was v1.2, if that makes any difference. I'm pretty sure that the files were compressed, so maybe they have just begun doing that to fit it onto one disc, or is it that it was the upgrade instead of the regular installation.

Second, I know that this has been addressed in the past, but the information that I found still left me unsure.
After installing Dimension Pro, I am left with two multisample folders, one in the LE and Pro folders. I have checked out the post about editing the registry, and I have redirected LE to the multisample folder in Pro so that it would have access to all of my new sounds. If this is indeed the right way to do this, can I now delete the multisamples in the LE folder? That is, are these LE multisamples all redundant at this point (contained in the Pro multisample folder), or did the upgrade only "add on to" what I already had with LE?

This was a little difficult for me to explain, so if this makes no sense I'll be happy to try to make it more intelligible.
Thanks in advance!

2 Replies Related Threads

Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    RE: Dimension Pro Upgrade 2008/09/03 05:34:35 (permalink)
    hey James, welcome

I have version 1.0 of DP reading from the disk, it did come on 2 discs. if you look in my computer and see how big the disk is, if it's way over 3.89 gb then it's probably an 8 gb disk instead the old sort. The magazine I buy a lot (CM) switched to 8 gb also. I'd prefer the one disk version myself if that's what's been done.

if you start up DP.. the list should have 1-25 of instruments and then another 3 things listed underneath. (more if you bought any other packs)

you can move the location without much issue, but keeping the light version also is a good idea as it's handy if you ever want to give a project to someone else and also it's a bit lighter on cpu load.

I just bought a sample pack yesterday, which was download only.. 6gb download in total,so sometimes I prefer install disks. wonder if my net provider will chuck a strop like the last time

if you use sonar, I've done some drum maps also, in another thread that you might find useful.

post edited by Fog - 2008/09/03 05:42:21
    ja2359
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 22
    RE: Dimension Pro Upgrade 2008/09/03 19:37:22 (permalink)
    Hey, thanks a lot for the info, Paul.

You're probably right about the 8GB DVD, because I'm pretty sure that I did have than many program categories. Unfortunately I'm out of town right now so I can't check, but this sounds like it must be the case. I got it from Musician's Friend, and it didn't come in a cardboard box like I was expecting (it was just shrink-wrapped with the manual), so I was just a little worried they forgot to give me a disc.

You are right about downloads, too. I much prefer to have a physical disc. And I do use Sonar, so I'll definitely check out those drum maps.

Thanks for the help!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1