Trouble with MIDI

Author
Bones1300
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 36
2008/09/04 17:43:35 (permalink)

Trouble with MIDI

After working with what was calkwalk since 1993, you would think I've run into about anything that could go wrong. I also admitt I don't spend on over abundant amount of time working with it. Well, i've just experienced a new problem. On my Sonar 6 Producer Edition I can't the midi to work in any form. It won't send signals from my controllers (I took the midi patchbay out of the signal chain to simplify things). I won't send a midi signal anywhere and this even happens when I use Garriton or any of my soft synths in stand alone mode. I can't even key the notes from the keyboard GUI. Where would you look?????

4 Replies Related Threads

AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    RE: Trouble with MIDI 2008/09/04 18:17:59 (permalink)
    what is your midi interface? And your controller or hard synth.

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    Fog
    • Total Posts : 12302
    RE: Trouble with MIDI 2008/09/04 19:39:40 (permalink)
    Hey Robert.. you checked in the midi part of sonar options , that the input / output is listed?

also where the time is on screen, the little keyboard indicates midi is triggering and the little light is turning bright red when you hit a key?

Bones1300
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 36
    RE: Trouble with MIDI 2008/09/04 20:35:29 (permalink)
    My midi interface is an echo mia, and my controller and hard synth are a KAWAII K1 and one sound module, proteus XR1. these have worked since day one. Fog, I'll check that window. the red buttons are not lighting.
    Fog
    • Total Posts : 12302
    RE: Trouble with MIDI 2008/09/05 07:31:11 (permalink)
    Hey Robert. so you have the mia drivers installed.. and both the audio + midi part are listed in the sonar input / output bits in options? and ticked / enabled?
    as the signal isn't' being seen by sonar if it's not even triggering the midi, regardless of the channel.

the midi outs are to the in's and visa versa (yep.. sometimes the odd time people mix that up) , also I notice the card has a breakout box and that's functioning ok, I mean you can test the audio with sonar and other programs beside?

can you even get audio to playback if you say load in a midi file and just route that to a soft synth?

I don't own the card or the hardware synths you use.. but is there a local mode on the synth or something on that you can change the way it transmits?
    I notice the drivers on the echo site are from earlier in the year, do you have xp service pack 3 installed, as the sound card I use has updated since service pack 3.

the thing to find out is whats changed so it doesn't work.. and you've gone thru re-installing the drivers for it?

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1