Need technology for remote session

Author
Edgetone
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 68
2008/09/05 21:32:56 (permalink)

Need technology for remote session

Hi all,

I use Sonar 7 Producer Edition. I have a potential client who is across the continent. They would like to be able to be remotely involved in a session that I run with local talent.

Does anyone know of a technology that will link in well with Sonar 7 and allow me to route audio from the session over the net to the remote producer and allow the remote producer to communicate with both myself in the control room and the talent in the tracking room?

I use a MOTU 828mk3 audio interface and I have a Mackie Big Knob command console plus a Berhringer 8 channel headphone amp. I am envisioning something like Skype, but with the ability to route to an input in Sonar and potentially send a headphone mix back to the internet based device.

I have an extensive background in computer network support, so I have no trouble dealing with the technical aspects of setting this up. I just want to know if there is something ideal out there that I should look into before I start coming up with my own wacky solutions.

Thanks in advance.

Jon Woodland
Edgetone Studios - Where sound meet vision
www.edgetonestudios.com

5 Replies Related Threads

ed97643
    Max Output Level: -59 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1610
    RE: Need technology for remote session 2008/09/05 21:37:37 (permalink)
    Do you mean "be involved remotely IN REAL TIME", or do you mean

you record tracks in location A on day 1,
    then they record tracks in location B on day 2,
    and back and forth?

Registered Cakewalk user since 1995
    Edgetone
    RE: Need technology for remote session 2008/09/05 22:43:55 (permalink)
    Definitely mean involved real time.

Jon Woodland
    www.edgetonestudios.com
    papa2004
    Max Output Level: -10.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6475
    RE: Need technology for remote session 2008/09/06 05:38:33 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: red24

Definitely mean involved real time.

ISDN lines connecting both studios...Not an inexpensive undertaking...

Regards,
    Papa
    ashrambler
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 247
    RE: Need technology for remote session 2008/09/06 13:02:24 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: red24

Hi all,

I use Sonar 7 Producer Edition. I have a potential client who is across the continent. They would like to be able to be remotely involved in a session that I run with local talent.

Does anyone know of a technology that will link in well with Sonar 7 and allow me to route audio from the session over the net to the remote producer and allow the remote producer to communicate with both myself in the control room and the talent in the tracking room?

I use a MOTU 828mk3 audio interface and I have a Mackie Big Knob command console plus a Berhringer 8 channel headphone amp. I am envisioning something like Skype, but with the ability to route to an input in Sonar and potentially send a headphone mix back to the internet based device.

I have an extensive background in computer network support, so I have no trouble dealing with the technical aspects of setting this up. I just want to know if there is something ideal out there that I should look into before I start coming up with my own wacky solutions.

Thanks in advance.

Check this out.

SOURCE-CONNECT 3.0
    http://www.sourceelements.com/source-connect/

S8.02PE, Vista 64 SP1, MSI K8N Neo4-F,Athlon X2 4200,4 gigs Corsair DDR 3200,NVidia 9500 GT PCIE video,(1) 750 GB (2) 500 GB Seagate Barracuda,RME Fireface 800, Echo MIA, POD X3,ADS Tech PCI Pyro 64 Firewire card (TI chipset)
    Edgetone
    RE: Need technology for remote session 2008/09/08 22:14:02 (permalink)
    Thanks for the link ashrambler,

I also found Digital Musician Net. Their software works as both a plug in and a full client. It also streams webcams so that you can have a video link as well. Just thought I would let you all know since others may have need of a similar solution.

Jon Woodland
    www.edgetonestudios.com
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1