Universal attack changer w/ Rapture & DimPro

Author
Mick
Max Output Level: -63 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1358
2008/09/06 11:17:14 (permalink)

Universal attack changer w/ Rapture & DimPro

Something strange, but good, is going on with Rapture and Dim Pro, but not with other synths. I have a VMK-188 keyboard with several sliders. One of the sliders, which happens to be set up to send midi CC 73, seems to have an effect on every single Rapture and Dim Pro patch. It seems to change the length of the attack of every patch, even when I create a new one with just a sine wave from scratch (I say "seems to" because that's what it sounds like; it could actually be doing something more complicated as far as I know). Also, sometimes it seems like when I move that slider and then load a new patch, the new patch retains the attack setting that I just set with that slider.

When I move the slider in question, I do not see anything at all happening on the Rapture screen. I do have ACT enabled with Rapture, but I cannot see anything in the ACT properties that would cause this. The slider in question sends MIDI CC73, but it might not have when I originally set up ACT. Anyway if it was ACT doing it, I should be able to see the Rapture screen get updated, right? Instead I see nothing happen when I move that slider. And I don't think I have Dim Pro set up with ACT at all.

By the way, I have checked, and this is not happening with z3ta+ or other synths.

I actually find this a very handy function, but I would like to know why it is happening so I can duplicate it or tweak it!

Any ideas?

I have not changed my signature.

2 Replies Related Threads

b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: Universal attack changer w/ Rapture & DimPro 2008/09/06 11:35:22 (permalink)
    I would like to know why it is happening so I can duplicate it or tweak it!
    You've run into the "hardwired" controllers in Rapture / DimPro, Mick. There are a number of similar controller messages that will affect these synths. These controls are always active, without ever resorting to MIDI Learn or the MIDI Matrix.

Pitchbend - per Element range & enabling
    CC7 (Volume)
    CC11 (Expression)
    CC64 (Sustain) - per Element enabling)
    CC66 (Sustenudo/sostenudo) - per Element enabling
    CC72 Global Release (amplitude) - affects all six Elements
    CC73 Global Attack (amplitude) - affects all six Elements

You could add CC127 to this list, in that it acts as a "100% On" switch as a MIDI Matrix source.
    Mick
    Max Output Level: -63 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1358
    RE: Universal attack changer w/ Rapture & DimPro 2008/09/06 12:08:41 (permalink)
    That's great, thanks. I'm glad to find out about CC72 as well.

I have not changed my signature.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1