Edirol FA-66 in Canadian dollars?

Author
dentaku
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 46
2008/09/07 08:35:25 (permalink)

Edirol FA-66 in Canadian dollars?

Someone I know got a new computer recently and he needs a good audio interface. He seems to want something that looks like the familiar mixing boards he's seen throughout the years (he's older than me) but I know that he needs something more like the Edirol FA-66.

What's the best place to find an Edirol FA-66 cheap in Canada?
I got my Echo Mia MIDI at http://kellysmusic.ca and I see that they have the Edirol FA-66 for $299 which is a good price. It's nowhere near as cheap as the $200 Alesis IO|2 but I don't know if I trust Alesis with making good Vista drivers or computer peripherals in general.
So far http://www.minidisc-canada.com/shopexd.asp?id=624 is the best Canadian price I've seen.

All he needs is to be able to plug in his condenser mic and sometimes maybe use the Line-In for recording other devices into Adobe Audition or maybe Sonar someday (he's not at that stage yet). He needs to be able to hear the previous tracks he's just recorded and be able to monitor himself through headphones all while recording to the next track with no latency. That's it, just like every other home musician.

He recently rented an Alesis MultiMix 16 USB (NOT the much better USB 2.0) because it looked impressive with all the knobs and such but it turns out it's useless for him because it's just a generic "USB Audio CODEC" device with one stereo output and one mono input showing up on the computer. It's basically a mixing board with a generic low powered usb soundcard built into it. No ASIO, no multi-tracks, can't be used to control software so it's very basic as a computer peripheral but nice as a standalone board. At least that's what I got out of it.

1 Reply Related Threads

David
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 231
    RE: Edirol FA-66 in Canadian dollars? 2008/09/07 12:17:23 (permalink)
    Most of the major stores are going to be around the same as Kellys. Axe music has the same price listed. Just from pricing out other things . Long and McQuade will be the same also. I have checked out the Minidisc site and their prices are great but have no experience with them. I doubt you will find a better price than that.

David F

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1