Project for a Songwriter/Vocalist / Opinions?

Author
lellington954
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 154
2008/09/10 08:38:10 (permalink)

Project for a Songwriter/Vocalist / Opinions?

I sometimes do outside projects when I have time. This track is from a Vocalist/Songwriter who came to me wanting to flesh out a song and end up with a good demo demo. Composition wise the only thing I did was suggest and add chord change on the bridge. Jonathan Lee brought the song to me played it for me on Acoustic & we just went for it. I tracked Acoustics with a click track and added other instruments per the Artists request. Drums are EZ Drummer. He is a Latin Pop Artist. There is a version in Spanish as well. Any opinions/feedback are welcome. Sitting Here.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=872530
post edited by lellington954 - 2008/09/10 08:40:18

2 Replies Related Threads

foxwolfen
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8256
    RE: Project for a Songwriter/Vocalist / Opinions? 2008/09/10 11:38:41 (permalink)
    Great voice on the guy. Song and mix sound pretty good.

The only thing that kind of stood out a bit was the main chorus. I think it needs a bit more of a melodic change during it. There was a nice switch at around 2:27 that I think might be incorporated in the chorus earlier on. At other times, use the same key but slide it up an octave to give it more power and passion...

I think this is a song with some really excellent potential, and I suspect the guys voice can more than accommodate an octave shift if you do decide to try that out.

Cheers
    Shad
    post edited by foxwolfen - 2008/09/10 11:39:18

A scientist knows more & more about less & less till he knows everything about nothing, while a philosopher knows less & less about more & more till he knows nothing about everything.

Composers Forum
    No How
    Max Output Level: -23.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5180
    RE: Project for a Songwriter/Vocalist / Opinions? 2008/09/11 17:08:20 (permalink)
    Yes, he has a very nice voice. You should milk it for all it's worth IMO. Break up the monotony of that recurring melodic phrase with some ad libbing from that voice. The middle sounds just fine and fits well. It's a decent song and just needs a bit of wattage toward the ending.

Very Nice production.

s o n g s

– Beauty lodged in a bad hotel has no value.  Raymond Lull
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1