[Track] Need 2B Set Free feat. Lauren Rochelle

Author
cryophonik
Max Output Level: -28 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4724
2008/09/17 18:19:47 (permalink)

[Track] Need 2B Set Free feat. Lauren Rochelle

I just started working with a fantastic new singer named Lauren Rochelle and she added lyrics and vocals to a trance song idea I started years ago when I was heavily into Ian van Dahl, Fragma, Lasgo, Cascada, etc. We’re hoping to put the final touches on it this weekend, so we’re open to suggestions. It’s the first song in the player and will start automatically. Also, the song is 192kbps and streams from my own server (i.e., not the crappy myspace player).

http://www.myspace.com/cryophonikmusic

Check out Lauren's myspace at: http://www.myspace.com/LaurenRochelleKramer

FYI - the song idea was started in Project5, finished in Sonar 7, and uses the following synths:

- Access Virus Polar TI
- Dave Smith Mono Evolver Keyboard
- Spectrasonics Atmosphere
- Cakewalk Rapture
- ReFX Nexus
- NI Battery 3 w/Vengeance Club vol2 and House vol2 samples
- Spectrasonics Stylus RMX

Lauren’s vocals were recorded in Sonar 7 using a Rode NTK mic into a JoeMeek OneQ channel strip and into a MOTU 828mkII. I also used a sE Reflexion filter.

cryophonik   |   soundcloud  |   Facebook

Q6600 | GA-EP45-UD3P | Windows 7 64 | 8GB
Access Virus Keyboard TI2 | Kurzweil PC3X | NI Maschine

6 Replies Related Threads

AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    RE: [Track] Need 2B Set Free feat. Lauren Rochelle 2008/09/17 23:24:35 (permalink)
    NIce one, Avery. Esp. liked how the BD came through on these compute speakers.

New singer? If I wasn't married I might think about moving to CA. But I am and will just have to tough it out.

later

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    Prevalence
    Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 719
    RE: [Track] Need 2B Set Free feat. Lauren Rochelle 2008/09/18 04:20:16 (permalink)
    Very nice indeed.... Great mix of some classic sounds that you have (once again) done a great job with.

Personally, I prefer trance music to be more instrumental. On that basis a nice big instrumental break would be good for me That said, the singer has a SUPERB voice and it fits perfectly. Cool lyrics too!

Top draw

Best Regards, Paul
    Music at: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=754343

~~~ Album 'ElectroStatique' (Feat. Anya) now available from:-
    iTunes, Rhapsody, HMW, 7Digital, emusic, Napster and several other outlets ~~~
    cryophonik
    RE: [Track] Need 2B Set Free feat. Lauren Rochelle 2008/09/18 11:38:19 (permalink)
    Thanks for listening guys!

AT - yeah, Lauren is the newest of four singers that I'm currently working with. I'm still working with Avonlea and Aliciya. I'm also starting to work on a new song with another singer doing more of a chillout thing.

Paul - we're actually planning on doing at least two remixes of this song, so you may get to hear a deeper club mix soon. One of the remixes will be with my friend/collaborator Avery Parker (aka justjabbin) and the other will be done by Lauren's brother who is an excellent musician/producer/DJ.

:10:
    Max Output Level: -38.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3678
    RE: [Track] Need 2B Set Free feat. Lauren Rochelle 2008/09/21 12:35:52 (permalink)
    I dig the music,..not to keen on her voice though. but that's just me...I'm overly picky sometimes

nice production!
    post edited by :10: - 2008/09/21 12:37:53

cryophonik
    RE: [Track] Need 2B Set Free feat. Lauren Rochelle 2008/09/24 23:09:00 (permalink)
    Thanks Sean!

ORIGINAL: :10:

...I'm overly picky sometimes

Yeah, I know. Speaking of that, are you and Avo planning on collaborating on more songs? You should - her voice fits nicely with your tracks!

:10:
    Max Output Level: -38.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3678
    RE: [Track] Need 2B Set Free feat. Lauren Rochelle 2008/09/25 08:32:58 (permalink)
    I would like to.

I haven't even fixed the In hollow track yet. I had some issues with the cleaned up version you gave me. I couldn't get it to fit. it didn't sound right. I put it on the sid for now.

I haven't really been working on anything new lately. bought a bunch of new XP packs, and I got RMV. now I just need to sit down and play around with some Ideas :P

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1