Problem Exporting Music from GTP3 - Please Help!

Author
HonorThyYtseJam
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2008/09/21 02:03:42 (permalink)

Problem Exporting Music from GTP3 - Please Help!

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post, and after reading through several other posts on this forum I have to say that there are definitely some knowledgable and kind folks here. Well, in any case, let me get to the issue I am having with GTP3. I have been using this program since Oct. 2004, and I have had nearly no problems at all until now.

Just to give you an idea, my system consists of the following:

Processor: 3.4 Ghz Pentium 4
Ram: 2 GB
Hard Drive: 75 GB (it's a laptop) 7200
Sound: Factory sound drivers and program

Also, I am running Guitar Rig 2 along with GTP3, and I use Beta Monkey Drum Loops.

This brings me to the main problem, when I go to export my completed cakewalk bundles into a single wav file, be it a riff wav or a broadcast wav, GTP3 will encode the entire file as it usually does, however, now when I go to play back the file the audio completely cuts out. Only 10-20 seconds of the recorded track will make it into the wav file. Though the wav file runs for the entire duration of the song, so this suggests that it received the data, but something is going wrong during the encoding process.

Then, when I go back into GTP3 when it is finished exportig, I attempt to play the file in he program and although it shows that it is playing, there is no sound being produced by GTP3. While at the same time, the other applications on my computer still produce their respective sounds, so this means that the sound on my system hasn't completely stopped.

Again, this has never happened to me for the four years that I have been using GTP3. The last addition that I made to the program was adding in Guitar Rig 2, and that was several months ago and it never caused any problems. I just dn't understand why this is happening. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program but with no luck.

Thanks in advance for any help that you guys can provide me with. I would greatly appreciate anyones advice with this issue.

4 Replies Related Threads

Doc_Hollingsworth
    Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2289
    RE: Problem Exporting Music from GTP3 - Please Help! 2008/09/21 13:52:31 (permalink)
    JT,

Not sure exactly what may be causing the problem . By chance are you running XP? If so did you have automatic update sturned on and the system updated you to SP3?

If so you might want to try backing that out. Otherwise you may be correct in your assumption with the Guitar Rig software but I wouldn't thing it would give you a problem.

Doc
    MacBook Pro 15.4 Retina (mid 2015)
    Focusrite Clarett 8PreX & OctoPre
    Logic Pro X 10.2.4/Reason 9.2/Pro Tools 12.7
    Long haired dachshund - requisite studio dog (no short hairs need apply - read the sign)

SteveStrummerUK
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 31112
    RE: Problem Exporting Music from GTP3 - Please Help! 2008/09/21 15:32:26 (permalink)

Hi JT, welcome to the forum

In addition to what Doc's mentioned, I'm just wondering if the problem is with your hard drive - 75GB can soon get eaten up if you have a lot of music files on your system.

Can you check to see how much free space you have on there?

If it is filling up, it might be a reason why you can't record continuous periods of audio, defragmenting your hard drive will definitely help matters if this is the case, especially if you haven't run it for a while.

Let us know how you get on JT.

Steve

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

SteveStrummerUK
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 31112
    RE: Problem Exporting Music from GTP3 - Please Help! 2008/09/21 15:35:36 (permalink)

Just had another thought JT - when you're playing back a project on GT3 and the audio disappears, do you still see a waveform in the tracks after this point, or are they empty?

That would at least tell us if you have actually recorded the audio, but it's not playing or if for some reason GT3 hasn't recorded anything past these points.

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

HonorThyYtseJam
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: Problem Exporting Music from GTP3 - Please Help! 2008/09/22 01:42:04 (permalink)
    Thanks for the help so far everyone.

Well, to answer some of your questions Doc and Steve:

I don't have the new Service Pack 3 installed. As far as the hard drive goes, I have 30 GBs free, and I actually just defragmented it about 4 days ago (I also thought that it might help). And when GTP3 is playing back the file there are visible audio wave recordings.

There are definitely pieces of audio that are recorded. As a matter of fac, before I try to export the music into a wave file the track will play all the way through from beginning to end, and it's a 5 minute long song. There are about 8 tracks worth of music going. Most of the time only four are playing simltaneously. (Guitar left, guitar right, bass, and drums).

So I am not exactly sure what it could be. I have Guitar Rig 2 amp plugins running on four of the tracks. Perhaps I'll try to monkey around with those settings.

Again, thanks for the help!
    post edited by HonorThyYtseJam - 2008/09/22 01:43:51
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1