Sigma Tel High Definition Audio CODEC problems

Author
grytonus
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2008/09/22 15:11:55 (permalink)

Sigma Tel High Definition Audio CODEC problems

Man am i glad i found this place, it seems people on here know what they are talking about after reading a few of the forum Q and A's.

Here is my problem...

I wish to stream music into a chat room. I seem to not be able to do this with my Windows Vista/ SigmaTel sound card..

Ive done all of the things the people who work for the chatroom company..and nothing is working. Ive even gone browsing for updates and there is nothing. I even went as far as speaking to a CSR from Gateway, and even one from Microsoft...none of them can help me.

Im guessing they do not want me to switch back to XP...but i will if i cannot solve this issue.

Everyone here is my last hope.....PLEASE.... help me!!

Oh, and i do not know anything about PC's...I have a Gateway Laptop.

Thank you in advance....

I dont have a signature.....i dont even have hands!!!

4 Replies Related Threads

foxwolfen
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8256
    RE: Sigma Tel High Definition Audio CODEC problems 2008/09/22 15:20:52 (permalink)
    A lot more information is needed before anybody can really help you...

What software are you using to try to stream?

How is the driver set up (full or half duplex). Firewall set to allow multicast?

Things like that.

Cheers
    Shad

A scientist knows more & more about less & less till he knows everything about nothing, while a philosopher knows less & less about more & more till he knows nothing about everything.

Composers Forum
    grytonus
    RE: Sigma Tel High Definition Audio CODEC problems 2008/09/22 15:32:36 (permalink)
    sigma tel high definition audio codec.......gateway laptop...windows vista......im trying to stream into a paltalk chatroom......

i dont know what else you need....software..thats what i got...

firewall.....i dont know..

full or half duplex...asi stated..i do not know anything about computers...

I dont have a signature.....i dont even have hands!!!
    grytonus
    RE: Sigma Tel High Definition Audio CODEC problems 2008/09/22 15:35:54 (permalink)
    yes..to answer one of your questions....it is set to multicast.............
    foxwolfen
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8256
    RE: Sigma Tel High Definition Audio CODEC problems 2008/09/22 15:49:12 (permalink)
    You better bet to get an answer to your problem is to see if the chat room has a tech support person (you may need to find the actual host admin) and learn how to set your rig up to stream to that particular chat room host. This is not a cakewalk issue at all, really, is it? (Which is what this forum is for - Cakewalk products).

Cheers
    Shad

A scientist knows more & more about less & less till he knows everything about nothing, while a philosopher knows less & less about more & more till he knows nothing about everything.

Composers Forum
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1