Can't Export Audio all of a sudden

Author
TomN
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 87
2008/09/23 00:24:30 (permalink)

Can't Export Audio all of a sudden

The other night I had no problem exporting my project as a Riff Wave file (I couldn't figure out how to make it an MP3 but that's a different issue).
Anyway, I didn't like the mix so I decided to do it again. I remixed and EQ'd some stuff, etc. And then went to export it again.
Now all it does, instead of giving you the crawling progress bar with 5%, 20%, 90% etc. It just zips through to completion in less than a second and I get a 4kb wave file.
What I am missing? I have the feeling, or at least the hope it's something simple, because I don't want to reinstall anything and set up all those damn drivers again. Computers are supposed to save time, not create reasons to waste it.

5 Replies Related Threads

SteveStrummerUK
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 31112
    RE: Can't Export Audio all of a sudden 2008/09/23 10:22:32 (permalink)

He he - I feel your pain here Tom.

Before you export, make certain any tracks you don't want exported as part of your mix are muted, turn off the Solo option if any tracks have it turned on, then select Edit > Select All - now your project should export correctly.

I'm not quite certain why GT sometimes does this and not others, if no tracks are solod or muted it seems to 'know' that the whole project should be exported - if these options are selected, it needs to be told, it seems, what to include.

Steve

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

TomN
    RE: Can't Export Audio all of a sudden 2008/09/24 23:23:39 (permalink)
    Not sure what it was. I think I might have something more sinister going on. I tried all that with no luck. Closed GTP3 and reopened. It still didn't work right.
    So I rebooted and I got some kind of "C++ Runtime error" (On a side note, I'm not a computer expert, but why don't they just call it B- instead of C++).
    Anyway, I rebooted again and everything worked.
    I had the error pop up one more, so I need to look into that.
    Doc_Hollingsworth
    Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2289
    RE: Can't Export Audio all of a sudden 2008/09/25 13:45:14 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: TomN

Not sure what it was. I think I might have something more sinister going on. I tried all that with no luck. Closed GTP3 and reopened. It still didn't work right.
    So I rebooted and I got some kind of "C++ Runtime error" (On a side note, I'm not a computer expert, but why don't they just call it B- instead of C++).
    Anyway, I rebooted again and everything worked.
    I had the error pop up one more, so I need to look into that.

C++ is also called C Sharp. It's an advancement on the C+ programing language which was an advancement on the C Programming platform.

As for the error you are getting it sounds like a .net runtime error. By chance did you load SP3 on XP?

Doc
    MacBook Pro 15.4 Retina (mid 2015)
    Focusrite Clarett 8PreX & OctoPre
    Logic Pro X 10.2.4/Reason 9.2/Pro Tools 12.7
    Long haired dachshund - requisite studio dog (no short hairs need apply - read the sign)

TomN
    RE: Can't Export Audio all of a sudden 2008/09/26 13:49:22 (permalink)
    No I haven't done any updates and my automatic updates are turned off. It hasn't shown up since, so I am just pretending it didn't happen. I'll see how that works out. Should be okay.
    Doc_Hollingsworth
    Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2289
    RE: Can't Export Audio all of a sudden 2008/09/29 09:39:46 (permalink)
    Yes I have to agree. In some cases you just don't want to know what happened.

Doc
    MacBook Pro 15.4 Retina (mid 2015)
    Focusrite Clarett 8PreX & OctoPre
    Logic Pro X 10.2.4/Reason 9.2/Pro Tools 12.7
    Long haired dachshund - requisite studio dog (no short hairs need apply - read the sign)

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1