trance help wanted

Author
Loketo
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 33
2008/09/23 22:08:51 (permalink)

trance help wanted

I can play other types of music but I like trance a lot!!!. I would like to know more about how and what makes bass sound the way it doses.I play guitar and bass and keys,I use sonar 4,project 5 and Rapture and play a Yamaha ex5.I just found out I can get a real nice sounding acoustic upright bass sound using Demension as a dxi but that's not at all what I am after.Right now it seems like I almost have too much to choose from and in reality I am just getting started.So here's my starter question-what would be a good bass sound to use in Rapture or Demension or Project 5? Also I am just blown away with how many plug ins I got with Project5 v2.

2 Replies Related Threads

muso_price
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 496
    RE: trance help wanted 2008/09/24 07:01:26 (permalink)
    You might want to post this in the Project 5 forum.

mbrito
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: trance help wanted 2008/09/29 17:06:59 (permalink)
    You can check out back issues of Electronic Musician and such for articles on that subject. I know a couple of months ago I read a great one by kayu and Albert on trance drumming that solidified my thoughts on that subject.
    If I may give my humble opinion and others may differ, but I find the best bass sound for trance from analog or VST equivalents of the ARP 2600, Moog, mini moog etc... fat, juicy warm old analogs. for the music end I recommend a simple four bar arppegio with one or two swing notes in each bar only, with the first three bars the same and a variation on the last bar. It gets people on thier feet, which = dancing = drinking= happy club owner= happy DJ getting call for gigs= $$$
    Good happy, trancing!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1