z3ta+ question

Author
shawn912
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 136
2008/09/26 16:12:45 (permalink)

z3ta+ question

Can someone please tell me how to save volume settings when using z3ta as a synth in Sonar. I'm currently using it on 3 tracks and the track volume control doesn't increase or decrease the volume of those tracks during playback. I can only adjust the volume in z3ta itself and everytime I load the project I have to reset the desired volume for those tracks again.

1 Reply Related Threads

b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: z3ta+ question 2008/09/26 17:06:17 (permalink)
    I'm currently using it on 3 tracks and the track volume control doesn't increase or decrease the volume of those tracks during playback.
    I think that you're referring to the MIDI track volume slider in Sonar. Normally, you would control output volume of the audio track 'half' of each z3ta+ instance, and those settings will be saved by 'song persistence' in your Sonar project.

But there's nothing wrong with the approach that you're trying, and there are several different ways to solve your problem. The easiest way is a Global solution. That is, the channel volume slider in the Sonar MIDI track 'half' of z3ta+ will always directly control z3ta+s master level slider, and this applies to new or old projects, across all z3ta+ instances.

Right-click on z3ta+s master Level slider, and select MIDI Learn. Now move the MIDI track slider in Sonar. The two will lock together.
    Sonar's slider 'sends' MIDI CC#7, and z3ta has 'learned' that message. To break that connection, right-click again, and select MIDI Forget.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1