another metallica thread

Author
bennym
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 118
2008/09/26 18:45:07 (permalink)

another metallica thread

been a huge fan since the early days and i was wondering if anyone here has seen them play this new stuff live. loudness wars aside--the songs on this new disc are relentless! it's like being repeatedly hit in the head with a wrecking ball while it's hailing screaming bricks! this stuff is insane! can they play these songs live without collapsing? please tell me they can so there's hope in middle age for all of us aging rockers!

5 Replies Related Threads

SteveStrummerUK
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 31112
    RE: another metallica thread 2008/09/27 11:51:26 (permalink)

Hi there Benny

Here's some live footage recently shown on the BBC show Later with Jools Holland: THE DAY THAT NEVER COMES

They also did pretty mean ENTER SANDMAN on the same show!

And Jools also INTERVIEWED LARS

Steve

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

mattplaysguitar
    Max Output Level: -55.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1992
    RE: another metallica thread 2008/09/27 21:21:34 (permalink)
    Hmm, I thought enter sandman was a little lose. Someone just wasn't holding it in time, maybe it was all of them thinking "god damn, we don't have to play this song AGAIN do we?". And at the start they were showing that girl a lot who was standing next to a mic and I thought she was going to do the little girl singing 'now I lay me down to sleep' etc but then they skipped it! She was hot though...

I think they would be still quite amazing live. If I had the chance to see them live and enough moneys I would certainly be up for it even though I don't listen to them these days. I think I would not want to be in the mosh though... I think I would most likely die. I was about 100m away from the front of RATM and almost died so I would hate to be that close with Metallica...
    jamesg1213
    • Total Posts : 21760
    RE: another metallica thread 2008/09/28 14:59:49 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: SteveStrummerUK

Hi there Benny

Here's some live footage recently shown on the BBC show Later with Jools Holland: THE DAY THAT NEVER COMES

Steve

Blimey..sack the guitar tech..they're way out of tune. Check out the bassist's face at 0:50!
    post edited by jamesg1213 - 2008/09/28 16:55:59

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
    SteveStrummerUK
    • Total Posts : 31112
    RE: another metallica thread 2008/09/28 16:05:27 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: jamesg1213

ORIGINAL: SteveStrummerUK

Hi there Benny

Steve

Blimey..sack to guitar tech..they're way out of tune. Check out the bassist's face at 0:50!

He he, I think he's in some serious pain there!

You're right about the tuning mate

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

Glennb
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 313
    RE: another metallica thread 2008/09/29 00:41:35 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: bennym

been a huge fan since the early days and i was wondering if anyone here has seen them play this new stuff live. loudness wars aside--the songs on this new disc are relentless! it's like being repeatedly hit in the head with a wrecking ball while it's hailing screaming bricks! this stuff is insane! can they play these songs live without collapsing? please tell me they can so there's hope in middle age for all of us aging rockers!

As far as hope for Middle Age rockers...last saw Dream Theater play at super intensity and speed for 3 hours 45 mins, they were incredible. John Myung must have forearms of iron.

Glenn

Glenn in Aus
    SHSXL6 on laptop with Intel i5 CPU M480 @ 2.67 GHZ 2.67GHz 4G RAM (2.86 usable?) 32Bit operating system on Windows 7 -> Presonus USB Audiobox.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1